View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 12:41 AM

Lightbulb

I just want to clarify that this thread and my findings/posts will be specific to "a" 1993 Texas DPS (mainly referencing the 93 DPS SSP Tom Mallette photo above), and to which I will base my 93 TX DPS restoration on.

I don't want to cause any confusion, but seeing that nearly every 1993 DPS SSP has a Jetsonic and the (10) head Arrowstik, some of the interior equipment also must have been "standard" too. Maybe not in every Region patrolled, but for the most part these were configured by the Fleet Division with similar equipment.

---

Ok here's another confirmed interior equipment piece to the Tom Mallette photo. The piece of equipment that is to the far right of the Switch Box/Radar head and mounted vertically with a red stripe is the Code 3 ArrowStik Controller. This would have been the C3 AS Controller with a far left red slide lever switch, (6) yellow LEDs across the face panel in the middle, and a single white "Flash" button to the far right. This is also confirmed by a late 80's early 90's Code 3 advertisement for the then new (10) head Arrowstik. 10 heads = (8) between (2) arrows.

Be aware there is also a C3 AS Controller with (8) LEDs on the face panel, however this unit is not correct based on the Tom Mallette photo or the period correct Code 3 advertisement (also included here for review).

I just recently was able to score (2) of these hard to find C3 AS controllers with the 6 LED face panel.

How do I know for certain it's a (6) LED unit vs. an (8) LED unit in that TM image? Because the main difference is the "Flash" button to the far right on the face panel. On an (8) LED panel the Flash button is surrounded by 4 white arrows around it. On a (6) LED panel, the Flash button does not have any markings around the white button. When diving deep into the TM pic, that C3 AS Controller does not have any additional white around the actual white button at all.

I was able to score (2) 6 LED panel Code 3 ArrowStik controllers. I'm including close up images of 1 unit, which is what is in the TM 1993 TX DPS SSP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4622.jpeg (627.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4623.jpeg (716.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4624.jpeg (1.26 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4625.jpeg (533.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4626.jpeg (651.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4627.jpeg (1,017.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4628.jpeg (1.89 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4629.jpeg (939.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4519.jpeg (397.9 KB, 5 views)
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP