View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:22 AM
It is what it is.

Default Officer Opinions on Current Cruisers

I have been selected by our Chief to research and choose our next cruiser for our fleet. I have been gathering all the research I can, and sad to say, so far it looks like the Caprice and Charger are coming out on top. I am all too familiar with things looking better on paper than in person. So I want to see if any of you LEO's have thoughts, opinions, or your departments own research I could review.

The Dodge I am aware had many problems with brakes and transmissions. My understanding is these issues were addressed with the 2012 model year. So does anyone have a 2012 at their department and if so any issues?

Some local agencies here have been going with the new Caprice. This being a new car I guess longevity results are not out there. From my research these are basically a stretched out G8 and I heard nothing but good things about them. But does anyone here have some experience with one and if so thoughts?

The one benefit from the Ford Interceptors is the AWD option. But so far everything else they seem to fall behind in. This being based on the Michigan State Police Testing and various other articles I have read. But again like the Caprice this is a "new" police vehicle. But on the flip side the civilian version has been out for awhile now.

So please let me know your thoughts, complaints, likes, dislikes, etc... with whatever cruiser you and your agency are using.

Thank you!

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS