View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Texas DPS SSP M7-400

Check out the picture progress on my cardomain site.

CLICK_HERE

knocking some of these things out! RED = ITEMS COMPLETE BOLD = ITEMS WORK IN PROGRESS!

Completed some more items this weekend... The car should be ready to drive this weekend. I hope all goes well. I will be installing the equipment this weekend for pictures as well. Hopefully some one here might want to take this car on as a further project to complete the restoration when I am complete with it. It will only need a few small things when I am done with it. A good black paint job on the fenders doors and 1/4's for the Texas DPS look or just fresh white paint.

1. Get car home (1100 mile round trip)
2. Get red interior parts to replace what is missing or wrong (still working on that).
3. replace the rear end existing one was damaged as previous owner swapped it to a freind who messed the current one up.
4. Install antennas to fill holes in body.
5. Install spotlight
6. Replace the gauge cluster with correct one (mileage within 2K of original).
7. Get red seats that match original interior (swapped gray for red out of a 87 coupe)

8. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN
9. Replace the front bumper cover.
10. Replace A/C equipment and charge (all missing including damaged the evaporator core).
11. New tires with black wheels.
12. New engine as current one not correct and really dirty. Don't want to chance it not working when completed.

13. Title, registration and inspection.
14. New catalytic convertors
15. Rebuild transmission
16. Refurbish side moldings as they were missing and install

17. Install trunk pieces.
18. Spare tire and tools.
19. Tailpipes welded to catback.
20. Install interior DPS items (easier for next person to restore and show the car).
21. Install new water pump and timing chain.
22. Intall new belt and hoses.
23. Replace all fluids.
24. Install radio.

More to come. I am also going through the under dash wiring and re-looming everything so there will be no issues what so ever when completed.

Matt