View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:50 PM

That's what is neat about this hobby. We each have our ideas, likes and dreams of what we want our car to look like or be.

Mine is set up as I remembered them when I was on the job and driving them daily during my career with the CHP.
Yes I my car does not have the " correct rear deck lights " it had when it was in service. That is because none of the mustangs I drove had that type of light bar in the back. I didn't want it in this car.

There were several variations, both from Motor Transport and out in the field. Things were changed, modified, tried and got changed.
Repaired and fixed or modified by area office depending on their needs and issues of that office. AND the auto tech working on them.

A lot of things I flat don't remember too HA !!
I remember when we changed radio systems to the GE Ranger 810's. I hated it at first. Everyone did. But it was a good radio system.

So we get to learn something new on here often. I am sure things changed some with each new person installing on these cars also.
Just look at the door decals for instance. Often I wondered if anyone was sober when they installed some of these decals at Motor Services.

There is a Crown Vic parked at the shooting range at the CHP academy right now. Full of bullet holes from an Oakland shoot out.
The passenger door lettering is off so bad, it is embarrassing to look at LOL

Neat to know the variations of installaion of equipment on these units by year after year and see how things were changed or modified.

Then we each do our own thing as well.

Nice to see there was a different bracket on the mid 80's cars. I have never seen that before. If I did, I sure don't remember them.

By the way, I have a few of these CHP - EMT backboards used in 84 - 89 cars if anyone is interested. I think I have 4 or 5 left, I am keeping one for keeps sakes. Just pay shipping and it is yours. I want to get rid of them.
I gave Mike one. He doesn't keep it in his car, but it is a piece of equipment we did use back then. Just PM me. They have CHP burned into the board.
John