View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Kid View Post
Went out and looked at my 85 and my dads 90. Both had the middle support. Mine had two verticle holes to the right of the center two. Wider steel bracket was used. Probably another support?

Mystery-

And if you didn't know what was under the plate...

I'll have to look through all the Mustang Motor Transport Bulletins to see if there were any problems with the boards and the solution to the problem.

If anyone has an original center brace, or even the two outer braces that they want to get rid of, I'm seriously interested. Or if you have originals and can have exact copies made, I'd be fine with that.
Here is some pictures from my 82 Unit 0204, with the two bracket holes holes in the upper center of the spare tire pan.The second set are to the right but located lower into the pan area of the tire well. The black metal support bracket in the pictures fits the lower right side of the holes. I actually weighed the GE, Motorola and Federal Signal Amp as base line of weight that sits on these Radio Boards. Cable harness ends with there individual connectors attached to each of these components were not weighed but they do factor in for weight as these were routed on top of the Radio Board to their individual components. My Myth Buster theory weighed in at a little over 48 lbs. It would be interesting to know the actual weight of everything that was placed in these trunks while in service and even the total weight of all the equipment installed starting from the front, inside and the trunk of these fast running cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99.JPG (105.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 999.jpg (231.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 9999.jpg (222.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 99999.jpg (221.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 999999.jpg (232.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 99999999.jpg (213.1 KB, 16 views)