View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
Ignorant comments aside just remember that true enthusiasts buy cars to restore and if they decide to sell for some reason, they offer them to other enthusiasts without focusing soley on the profit margin. Flippers just buy a car, detail it a little, throw on a paint job, call it a "restoration", and then ask double what they paid for it.
Well said.

True enthusiasts usually have a reason for selling (not that it's anyones business anyway) and don't make up lame excuses everytime they flip a car (whether it's for profit or not).

How many times (even recently) have we heard about the same car(s) being sold back and forth between a few people over and over and over again?

If a dealer shows up here wanting to sell a car, I take no issue with that whatsoever. Same goes for a private seller, like our friend from AL. My issue, like yours Jim, is when dealers try to pass themselves off as enthusiasts, or people who are only interested in making $$$ from the actual enthusiasts in the hobby show up trying to take advantage of others. It's all about integrity, or the lack thereof, and I can assure you and everyone here that this website and the forums here won't be used for that.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363