View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys. It is always nice when people express appreciation for all the hard work that goes into our cars. I have never really been all that excited about the judging and frankly I wouldn't care if they didn't judge it at all but it's nice when the effort is recognised.

MCA does judge pretty tough especially if you trailer your car to the show. Driven cars are always a little easier to judge as they are not as strict on certain aspects of the car. I lost a few points due to condensation corrosion issues under the hood but by this winter I will have the shop climate controlled and that will put an end to those problems.

The judges that judged my car told me that it was the nicest fox mustang with 168,000 miles they had ever seen . I can't wait to hear what they say when they see the 82 CHP car with 400,000 on the clock.

In attendance at this show were some fantastic examples of SSP cars. I finally got to see Joe Horvath's 87 Texas car which is incredible and probably the most documented in service SSP car in existence today. EvocBruce was there with his Michigan car too and it just doesnt get any better than that car as far as I am concerned. Nelson's KY car (rare, rare, rare) and all the others really looked good and its obvious the popularity in these cars is growing. As is usually the case the conversations with show-goers was non-stop about the history of the cars. Having 11 cars at the show was a positive influence for our hobby.

The local MCA club did a super job putting on the show. All in all it was a great show with great weather, low humidity and tons of people looking at the cars. It is always great to meet people so that you can put a face with a screen name (like "STUBES"). It was great hanging out with the Mahoys, Hendersons, Howards, Todd (and lady friend), Bret and everyone else. I am looking forward to the next show for me which is the 45th in Alabama. It is shaping up to be a huge event. Here is a group photo of the cars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dublin08show 033.jpg (120.7 KB, 45 views)

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP