View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Add 1, Subract 28

Here's a situation where confirming a SSP through a Marti Report caused me to remove a bunch of cars from the Project.

As discussed previously, we have used FHP auction records and Florida DMV records to confirm FHP cars where the vehicles have police-branded titles. In some cases, a range of cars had yet to be confirmed as FHP Mustangs by matching DSOs through Marti Reports. There was such a situation within a 120-car batch of 1989 VINs. There are dozens of confirmed FHP Mustangs within that batch, but the final 29 cars with police-branded titles were unconfirmed as FHP Mustangs. So I ordered a Marti Report for that 29th car. It came back as a different DSO, and it was not a special-paint car like other FHP Mustangs. So I revised the page for that 29th car:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info212057.htm

...and removed the 28 cars ahead of it. Yes, they are most likely SSP Mustangs, but we cannot presume them to be FHP Mustangs. And since there isn't a DSO match, they needed to be removed until such time that they can be confirmed through other means. It's all about offering quality information, versus quantity.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!