View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:35 AM

MOVING FORWARD

I had a REALLY hard time deciding how I wanted to repaint the car. There are so many colors to choose from! I have no intention of restoring the car to its in-service condition. I've spoken with several members here, and their experience helped me decide that my SSP would be ALOT more fun to have as an unmarked driver. So the decision was made to go black, although I seriously considered stealing Marcos's idea for #8302 and going with a white top and inside door edges with the rest black. But I think I will enjoy all-black, and it gives me the option to paint the white on later if it ever is decided to take it back to its in-service condition.

In the middle of February 2009, I put the car into John's Body Shop in Wilmington, DE. I knew they wouldn't be able to start on the car for about a month due to a 1962 Autocar fire truck slipping in ahead of me. I will post up pictures once they tie into it.

Here's a pic the day it went into the body shop (note the silver paint under the removed side molding)

As stated, the plan is to rebuild it as a fun driver that looks like an all-black, unmarked Fox cop car. Authentic CHP lights and antennae are in-hand, and I will post up pics of them soon. I will also update this thread as progress is made and new parts arrive.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!