Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:12 AM

Question I just have to ask....

Why is it that the sale(s) of some SSP's are kept a "secret" when such transactions occur?

I mean, I don't see the big deal in knowing that SSP X went to Buyer X (or Forum Member X) and I'm not sure I understand the cloaked secrecy involved.

Can someone please explain?

I mean, the way I look at it is this - if a buyer has the money to purchase SSP X, then that's great and it's great that the vehicle is staying within the Mustang or SSP Community, rather than being sold to an unknown who may "hack it". I (and I'm sure others) don't really care about the monetary transaction, but more so just wanting to know why some SSP transactions (sales or trades) are kept on the down low... and when some folks publicly ask about these transactions online, there's no responses as to who is the new owner of a certain SSP.

Regardless of forum community, not geared towards any specific individuals or known about SSPs, I (and I'm sure others) have seen this occur multiple times over the years, so I figured I'd ask...

Any input?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:12 PM

I look at it as the decision to buy/sell should be as confidential as the parties involved want it to be. I agree that finances really are nobody else's business. Personally, if I'm involved in the purchase of a car, I'm gonna let people on the forums know about it - not to brag but to voice my excitement. If I'm selling a car to a member, I'm gonna leave it up to them to announce their purchase.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I agree that finances really are nobody else's business. Personally, if I'm involved in the purchase of a car, I'm gonna let people on the forums know about it - not to brag but to voice my excitement. If I'm selling a car to a member, I'm gonna leave it up to them to announce their purchase.
I have noticed what you mention...I agree entirely with what Bill mentions above. Maybe some people are afraid it will come off as bragging...don't know.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Jet View Post
Why is it that the sale(s) of some SSP's are kept a "secret" when such transactions occur?

I mean, I don't see the big deal in knowing that SSP X went to Buyer X (or Forum Member X) and I'm not sure I understand the cloaked secrecy involved.

Can someone please explain?

I mean, the way I look at it is this - if a buyer has the money to purchase SSP X, then that's great and it's great that the vehicle is staying within the Mustang or SSP Community, rather than being sold to an unknown who may "hack it". I (and I'm sure others) don't really care about the monetary transaction, but more so just wanting to know why some SSP transactions (sales or trades) are kept on the down low... and when some folks publicly ask about these transactions online, there's no responses as to who is the new owner of a certain SSP.

Regardless of forum community, not geared towards any specific individuals or known about SSPs, I (and I'm sure others) have seen this occur multiple times over the years, so I figured I'd ask...

Any input?
+1 to what has already been put in this thread but I have to ask you why you are posting this here and not on other forum(s) where most of this type of activity takes place? You might get some better insight if you asked those folks.

I've seen it here...but usually it's because the car hasn't arrived yet or someone is excited about surprising everyone, etc. Not to cover up buying and selling the same car(s) repeatedly.

It's all a bunch of unneccesary drama to me....to each their own.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 05-04-2010, 10:36 PM

I agree that the buyer should be the one to announce their acquisition. Aside from possible sketchy dealings, some people do prefer a little privacy.

With that being said, No one from anywhere is coming anytime to purchase anything that may or may not belong to me. No details to follow.