Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
It is what it is.

Arrow 1993 Mustang SSP TX DPS M3-284

My wife and are both in the process of some major career changes and additions. We will be making some big changes in our lives so we can obtain these changes. One of those changes will possibly be selling our beloved 1993 TX DPS. We already know this show season will be very limited and next year is already not looking good. Words can not described how hard this is for us, as this car is just great. I have wanted an SSP since I first saw and read about them some 20+ years ago and I do not think I could find a better example.

Many of you are familar with the car from when David (DJP55) owned it or from this past show season. Since purchasing it from him last year we have had the transmission completely rebuilt. All the internals were upgraded to steel at the same time. We also installed a new Steeda adjustable clutch cable. I recently purchased and will be installing a set of OEM 1993 dated spark plug wires. (They came off a low mileage '93 Cobra) The last thing we have done is repaint the underside of the hood and trunk and install new "5.0" emblems on. Oh we did add a couple thousand miles to it...she currently sits at just over 159k.

The car is mostly stock with the exception of a Dynomax exhaust, the Steeda clutch cable, and Steeda shifter. The suspension has been redone at some point in her life as she rides very nice. The A/C is ice cold and great on those long summer drives.

The exterior paint is very nice and shines great. I had some of the fine scratches in the black wet sanded out when the hood and trunk were repainted. To my knowledge...or at least while we have owned it...this car has been a driver. So she is not concourse and has a mark here or there, but she is very nice and has brought home plenty of wood and plastic decorations.

The interior is almost like new. The front seats have been recovered and I believe new carpet was installed as well. The rear seat is original and looks just as good as the two new fronts.

The car currently reflects what a 1990 TX DPS would have looked like (Minus the spot light and a few other items.) This was done for easy of driving and so forth.

Price is $10,000 as she sits and we are pretty firm on the price. I have a correct Jetsonic lightbar in almost new condition I will offer the buyer at the price of $400. Being a 1993 to be "correct" it should have a lightbar and arrow stick. We are only listing it on the SSP sites for now. If we still have her and need to sell when the time comes we will go the ebay route. I would just assume we put her back in storage and pretend she does not exist for a year. I even thought about selling our Accord and unmarking this car to make a DD this summer. With that said we still plan on driving her and taking her to at least the Indy and Columbus shows as well as some other local shows so mileage will increase and probably be over 160k before June.

If you have any questions fell free to PM me. You can also call me if you are a serious buyer at 937-8 two 9 - one 595. If I do not answer leave me a message and I will call you back ASAP. I am Mr. Mom most evenings so if you do leave a message let me know how late I can call you back.

Link to additional pics: http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/y...93%20TX%20DPS/

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 05-09-2011, 09:19 PM
It is what it is.

A few more for quick view...

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM
It is what it is.

Also you will notice in the pictures it has a controller mounted on the dash for the siren and air horn. The radio / siren controller is not wired and I do not even know if it works. It is not the correct one for the TX DPS but looks similar.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 05-31-2011, 09:47 PM
It is what it is.

SOLD

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM

Congrats on the sale. Always a happy and sad experience all at the same time.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 06-01-2011, 09:49 AM

Congrats on selling the car! I hope the transaction goes smoothly, and that the new owner will appeciate the car for what it is. I'm sure you will point him/her to the SSP forums.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:00 PM
It is what it is.

Thanks guys. It went to a father and son collector. Both seemed like great guys and I am sure they will enjoy her.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS