Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 PM

Thumbs down why i hate Ebay.

I listed the 4 eyed ssp cluster on ebay. it is very nice with little fading, clean lens etc. a prospective buyer emails wanting to know if i will end the auction for 25.00 less than my buy it now. i tell him no thanks it is already priced 50.00 less than everybody else selling one.

next day he hits the BIN. Pays immediately, i ship the next day. 2 days later he emails and says he received it but the box is crushed, the cluster is damaged and he wants me to "make it right". I immediately offered him a full refund including shipping costs back to me. i also asked him to send me pictures. He says he will send pictures right away.

6 days later he has made about 6 different excuses for not sending pictures. Something different every day. "forgot my camera at work" etc yada yada.
He asks me to send him another cluster housing and lens assembly. I tell him I don't have one and again offer him a complete refund. He refuses to send it back, but demands I "make it right".

This morning I emailed Ebay and expressed my concern the guy was refusing to send me pictures and I was concerned he would threaten me with negative feedback. This evening I got another email from him and he is demanding I refund 25.00 or he will leave negative feedback.

I again offered him a full refund and asked why he will not just return it.

I am waiting on his response. Basically Ebay support does nothing here. No help at all. I am just waiting to see how it plays out.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-06-2010, 07:18 AM

Sorry to hear about your latest eBay experience. This story is the sort of thing I fear most whenever I have listed something for sale on eBay. Too many people with no integrity out there. I'm the sort of person that when I make a decision to buy something, I buy it. However, seems like alot of people get some sort of joy from impulse "buying" stuff on eBay or "buying" things they cannot afford and have no intentions of following through.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM

Good ole Ebay extortion. Sounds to me he is trying to get something for nothing. Tell him "no pictures, no refund". If he leavs negative feedback than you can counter with your own. Bottom line, sounds like a dirtbag with no integrity to me.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 AM

What a MeatHead ! from the start it sounds like he had intentions of getting it cheaper or for free ...
Thers's a lot of things that scare people from using Ebay anymore !!
I hope ot works out for ya..

ssp91ssp
Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 AM

I received another email from him last night with threats of negative feedback. Here is my response:

I have given you my email address, my phone number, and made every effort to be patient with you. "Make it right"????? I am offering you a full refund. You have continually made excuse after excuse for not sending pictures of the damage. It is not my fault USPS damaged it. I choose not to buy USPS insurance because it is an absolute crock. Instead I offer refunds in my auctions along with free shipping. First you wanted me to send you MORE parts and now you start trying to extort money from me plus keep the cluster??? You can either return it for a refund, or keep it. I assure you I will deal with your feedback conduct appropriately. As a seller on eBay you should understand the effect of negative feedback. How this plays out is entirely upon how you conduct yourself. Threats and extortion tactics will get you nothing with me. If you want your money back, return the cluster and get a tracking number. Upon the cluster arriving at my house I will immediately refund your entire purchase price plus shipping.

best regards,
Jim

His username is JCMotorsport and he is out of Connersville Indiana.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
VIN guru

ebay feedback extortion policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...extortion.html
Old 04-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I received another email from him last night with threats of negative feedback. Here is my response:

I have given you my email address, my phone number, and made every effort to be patient with you. "Make it right"????? I am offering you a full refund. You have continually made excuse after excuse for not sending pictures of the damage. It is not my fault USPS damaged it. I choose not to buy USPS insurance because it is an absolute crock. Instead I offer refunds in my auctions along with free shipping. First you wanted me to send you MORE parts and now you start trying to extort money from me plus keep the cluster??? You can either return it for a refund, or keep it. I assure you I will deal with your feedback conduct appropriately. As a seller on eBay you should understand the effect of negative feedback. How this plays out is entirely upon how you conduct yourself. Threats and extortion tactics will get you nothing with me. If you want your money back, return the cluster and get a tracking number. Upon the cluster arriving at my house I will immediately refund your entire purchase price plus shipping.

best regards,
Jim

His username is JCMotorsport and he is out of Connersville Indiana.
Well worded response!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/