Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2009, 07:05 PM

Default NCSHP Purged Mustang Documentation

Through RadioReference.com I was able to make contact with a former radio tech with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol. With his assistance I then made contact with an existing NCSHP radio tech who is nearing retirement and is a very historic minded gentleman. He has been, and continues to be, a wealth of information on a variety of matters related to my 90 NCSHP SSP. As a side note he bought one at auction and owned for a number of years before selling several years ago.

We had hoped to be able to track down additional documentation regarding my SSP's time in service using the Fixed Asset System (FAS) sticker, which was (and remains) affixed by the NCSHP to my SSP. However I've unfortunately learned that when the NCSHP went to a new vehicle accounting system in April 2000, any cars in "sold" status prior to that were purged when the new system went "live".

Because of this it appears any documents North Carolina had on their Mustang SSP's will most likely be impossible to come by from the NCSHP. I would be interested in hearing from anyone should you have had success through different means. Thank you.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/