Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
I have 2 SSP's...one IS modified and the other will be a stock restoration. I never talk about the modified one simply because the general "Air" around any SSP site is that it is taboo....which is ashame. Mine while looking totally stock is getting improvements that "I" want so that "I" can enjoy "MY" car....the minute someone tells me what I should do with "MY" car I think I'll act the same way. For this part of the Mustang Hobby it really should be looked at how some things like this come across. There are purists but you MUST understand that not everyone IS a purist and has other interests. I agree a car like this '84 is best served by restoration to original simply because of the limited numbers but forcing that down someones throat will only result in a negative response.
This particular website does cater to "purist" types, but I can't agree with the "general air" comment. A modified car, that would have otherwise been parted or scrapped or otherwise not saved, is better than the alternative. We are here to preserve as many of these cars as possible, whatever way possible. Now...if someone shows up here talking about hacking up an original, survivor (much like the '84 FHP), despite being educated on what the car is, rarity, etc. that's a different situation altogether.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363