Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Default What happens when one's in Vegas

I needed to attend the SHOT Show (an acronym for Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show) this week for work (tough gig, I know). I took the Mrs and our 15yo son too. We walked the show Tuesday and met up with the people I needed to see. Yesterday was a travel day, and we rolled into the driveway just before 11pm last night.

While we were gone, I had our neighbor grab our mail, and I had asked them if it snowed to pull into our driveway so the tracks would make it look like someone was home. These folks are great neighbors, and we do stuff like that for each other all the time.

Well, it DID snow and ice while we were gone, but my driveway was cleared off. Great! I had used my snowblower at their house after the last storm, so they probably cleaned off my driveway this time. But when I came out this morning, I walked around the Explorer to leave and realized that the corner of my SSP was smashed up - yikes! The right corner of the rear bumper was crinkled up and torn (paint peeled off), and the tail light lense on that side is cracked. It doesn't look like any of the metal was touched, but I didn't get to look really close. I'll post up a few pics tonight. It serves me right for parking the car outside, but the reason was explained in this thread.

So I haven't spoken to my neighbor yet. It could be that their brother-in-law hit it with his plow when he did their driveway and mine (like I said, we plow/snowblow each other out as needed). It may be that they hit the SSP while making tracks in the snow. Guess I'll see what they say when we pick up our mail this evening. They may not even know they did it (granted, it could have been done by someone else, but that's fairly unlikely). I really do not want to sour a great friendship with our neighbor, so I'll step into this lightly.

So how would you handle this situaton?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!