Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Post 1984 CHP Mustang 5.0 #2748

Hello All!
I'm not sure where to go for the VIN project, but I thought this would be a good place to reference some of the information and pictures.

VIN: 1FABP26M3EF204022

This was my first tip off that I had a SSP Mustang! I also don't see many of these, and I wonder what all the information this car means???
The second dealer sales code last 4 (2748) numbers and the unit number on the door tag:

Door Tag:

The car overall is in great shape. It was sitting in Arizona for a while:

Rear window, where the wig-wag's were. I can see where the bracket was and how it was secured:

The roof has some damage in the middle read where the antenna was:

Truck antenna patch job when it was removed (interior):

There is also this bracket in the truck, still not sure what it is (med kit?):

The interior is in good shape! The seats were redone at some point, but kept the stock two tone tan/white. It has the "TRON" style trim, and it looks way better than the fake wood (just like a Bronco, wtf..). It has the tile wheel140 speedo, and I'm super happy with this interior. I was somewhat partial to the 90-93 interior "Pony Package" look. The dash top was replaced with the cheap one that just glues on top. I stuffed a radio in there so I didn’t go crazy on long trips, just zip tied it in there:

Also has holes in the pillars where the search/spot light was:

Again, the two tone interior (which came stock two tone):

I need to find where I have the SSP tags pictures at, but I wrote it down awhile ago.

Tag 1:
Mustang
204022 66 B M
DF ST
AC 02 HB
MBW 01
M 02 1 x 1

Tag 2:
D.S.O. 72-0086 Chips
Calif. Hwy. Patrol
Special White - Doors $ Roof
Balance Black

Well I'm very excited to own a SSP Mustang!

The biggest problem I'm having right now, is that it's my daily driver. I have been making way less money for the past two years, so all I have been able to do is the maintenance. The last 6 months has been breaking my heart, just for the fact that I haven’t really improved the car much other than a good tune-up, water pump, alternator.

I will leave all my questions at another topic.

I would like to be added to the VIN project. I really know nothing about the car other than what I found that let me believe it was SSP CHP. Any extra info would be awesome. IE: Where it was stationed/department/purchase details. I did a car facts, and it had no registration until 1993. I guess that’s when It was sold to the public.

It's currently still registered in Arizona. It's much cheaper registration, no smog, no front plate... But I would like to maybe switch back to the California plate.

I'm not sure if I want to restore it to its original CHP look, as it's my daily driver for the time. But I was thinking of getting the spot lights, maybe putting the antennas back up. I thought about the two tone black/white paint and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Please request any pictures, I can add them. I couldn’t find all my old photos I took, so I just snapped some pictures real fast.

Thanks for looking!