Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM

Default 1993 FHP $4500

Not mine, on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item27d0da809b
Old 03-16-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
1993 Ford Mustang LX Coupe 5.0 SSP (Florida HP) 5 speed for sale. This is an original Special Service Package (SSP) Mustang with no major wrecks (carfax available that shows minor hood damage in FL in 1995), crazy modifications, or rust. I purchased this car from a dealer around 2000 with ~96k miles on it, that had purchased about 8 ex FL HP cars. So technically, I'm the only private owner of this car, and have driven it daily since purchasing. I'm still driving this car daily to and from work with 289,102 miles on it. It is garage kept, but offers up typical blemishes from a car that is driven daily. Don't let the mileage fool you, this car runs great, and has no mechanical problems that one might expect from a car this old and with this many miles. I have driven this car to the beach as recent as last summer without hesitation. Does not burn oil, has plenty of power, and is an all stock SSP Mustang (with the typical SSP upgrades) other than K&N air filter, clear corner lights, new Sony CD player, upgraded door/dash speakers, Flowmaster exhaust, and a slightly heavier clutch I had installed a couple years ago. This car originally was a marked chase car for the Florida Highway Patrol, and was painted in their typical yellow/black theme. Spotlight removed and the light bar and antenna holes repaired when painted. I decided to have the car painted all black a while back, but as shown in the pics, has a few areas that need attention if someone was going to do a full restore. Additionally the window tinting would need replaced if that's your thing. Of note, the buck tags are all in place as well on this car to my knowledge. I'm hesitantly selling this car due to a job change that will require me to drive much more than I am now, and with gas hovering around $4 per gallon, I need to find a 4 banger beater car I guess.... (not happy obviously). However, this Mustang surprisingly still gets around 20 mpg, which is not bad for a V8! The car will come with an extra hood, and the stock 15 inch bullet hole wheels that were standard equipment on the SSP in 1993. (have center caps somewhere in attic) I just installed brand new tires as well, and they have less than 200 miles on them. However, if someone is interested in the chrome 5 star Ford Pony wheels, they can be purchased as well for an additional fee of $800. Of note, the tires on the chrome 16 in wheels are not good, and would need replaced very soon if planning to use. The wheels are in great condition, and are very sharp looking on this car. The price is $4,500 firm and cash only. I can be contacted at jpilot4@gmail.com or 828-367-4370 (leave message). Serious inquire only please, and no rediculous low ball offers, price is firm. This car will sell to a true Mustang person or collector for restoration. However, it makes a great daily driver that gets a lot of looks!
The VIN is 1FACP40E8PF154612. Wish he posted some SSP-specific photos we could use for the project to add to the page for this car:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info154612.htm
Old 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM

Default Purchased

Not a problem. I'm buying the car this afternoon and plan to keep it true to its SSP roots. I can post pictures, let me know what's needed.

If someone can point me in the direction of a spotlight for the car I'd appreciate it. The original one was removed a few years ago.

Thanks,
Darren
Old 03-18-2013, 03:01 PM

Congrats Darren! And welcome to the site too. I'm sure somebody here with knowledge about FHP Mustangs can offer advice. When get the car, please take a picture of the VIN label on the driver's door, if it is still visible, and post it up.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 PM

Nice find, That VIN is just two numbers away from my 93 FHP.

1993 Florida Highway Patrol #719
1990 Kentucky State Police #542