Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustang Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustang Tech Any and all technical questions for SSP cars.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOCARNUTS View Post
When I approached him regarding a further breakdown of our car he did indicate to me that some of the agencies with specific color requests ie:Michigan and the two tone cars were extremely difficult to breakdown....we on the other hand have this test car and he was intrigued with its status as well as I was.....I don't believe at this time he's opening up the full areo car info to all years but ya never know....
That's because the paint codes he uses to break them down are blank on special paint cars.

Your car is pretty interesting. Ever find out anything from Ford on what it might have been used for?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 10-16-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
That's because the paint codes he uses to break them down are blank on special paint cars.

Your car is pretty interesting. Ever find out anything from Ford on what it might have been used for?
While attending the Woodward Dream cruise this past summer I was able to meet a gentleman whom works within the experimental vehicle dept and he took down a bunch of info on the car as well as pics....he was surprised that Ford had kept it for almost 2 1/2 years before release through the dealer network and that an employee had not bought it prior...he thought it may have been used for marketing purposes or was kept in house incase they needed a car for potential litigation ie: making sure fuel economy stated on window stickers was correct...really odd that it only had 2100 miles on it when sold to Crain Harter Ford in Huntington IN and then to the Huntington county Sherrif's dept...later traded back in on a new 99 Explorer...then it had 36k on the clock...
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch
Old 10-16-2015, 12:35 PM

By the way I have not heard anything back from the Ford employee to date....hoping for sure...
1993 Teal Cobra #2803
1993 Blk/blk GT hatch