Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:26 PM

Figured that I would bump this one. I have a few inquiries at FEP, but nothing solid yet. There is a local guy who looked at the car and is interested, but he is short on funds and has not even put down a deposit. So the car is still available. Here is a list of the police equipment:
  • The ruby-red driver's side spotlight is wired up to a fuse block under the dash. This is the single-wire design, but a second wire could be added to run to the CC1 controller.
  • The clear passenger spotlight is not hooked up (I have a second clear spotlight included with the car). They both are the single-wire design.
  • The correct rear deck lights are wired to a switch under the dash using a modern wig-wag relay to activate the alternating light pattern. Power comes from the fuse block (which can be disconnected under the hood by pulling the in-line fuse).
  • Also included is a Federal Signal CC1 controller (which would be mounted in the slot for the factory radio), but it is the one with red and yellow indicator lights on the face. IIRC, the correct CC1 only has a red indicator light.
  • I do not recall if I have a MPA2 siren amplifier or not. The car does not have a siren.
  • A Motorola Micor head unit is included, but it is not era-correct. I do not have a mounting bracket yet for it. There are two corded microphones.
  • The two antennae are mounted on the car. The roof antenna has a cable to run from the back of the car to the radio. The 1/4 panel whip does not have any wiring.
  • The correct Regency M100 scanner included. I do not recall if there is a mounting bracket or not.
  • There is an extended dual-receiver Micor radio tray, but I do not see the MASTR II repeater (I cannot remember if I ever received one). There is a junction-box wiring harness included. None of the radio equipment has been tested, so I cannot say whether or not they work.
  • A shotgun rack is included, along with a Roxter light. The rack does not have the correct brackets for an 85, so some modification will be required.
  • A CHP fire extinguisher and bracket are included, but the unit is empty.
  • I believe there is a CHP First Aid kit and bracket for this car, but I did not see it in my storage area.
  • I have 5 correct steel wheels and 4 correct (used) caps, in addition to the blacked-out 10-holes on the car. The front tires need replacing, which I can do (depending on final price) prior to a buyer coming in to drive the car home. The rear tires are oversized BFGs, which look great IMO.

I have some wiggle-room on the price, and based upon a buyer's desire to have the CHP equipment (or not), and the original steel wheels and caps (or not), this car can be had for a really good price. I would like for it to go to a good home, so I haven't put is on Craigslist, but I might soon. I am not in a must-sell situation, but it would be nice to open up the garage space before winter.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 AM

I just realized that my Fotki hosted album lost more than 3 pages of pictures, so if anyone if interested I can email them photos of the car.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 11-06-2013, 12:25 AM

Smile

PM sent.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:40 PM

Replied to your PM, Dave!

Since Fotki no longer has most of my photos, I uploaded 60 of them here and added them to the VIN Project page for my SSP:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info234937.htm

Old 11-12-2013, 11:49 AM

After limiting myself to only advertising the car on (SSP/Mustang/Police) car forums, I finally caved in and placed a few ads on the local Craigslist listings, as seen here:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4177135480.html

There's no need quoting the ad because this thread has more information than what I posted on CL. So far, I have gotten MANY more inquiries from a few days on CL than the couple of months on the forums. Sadly, most folks are only interested in it being a V8 notchback, and not-so-much the SSP history on the car. I have a few "live ones" presently, with one guy from New Jersey who sounds promising (in terms of providing a good home for the car).

Old 11-12-2013, 02:07 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Good luck on the sale Bill! Hopefully it will end up with someone that actually cares about it's heritage!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 11-12-2013, 02:44 PM

Tempting...... wish you were on the west coast.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM

It would not take too much to get this car back to the West Coast, dollar-wise. I shipped the SMPV from Rich's house (north of San Francisco) to Delaware for <$900. I am a bit flexible on the price, for those folks who don't want to race it out, so don't be afraid to shoot me an offer.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:46 PM

SOLD!

Met up with a prospective buyer today who came down from New Jersey with cash and a trailer. He bought the CHP parts and wheels/caps, too. 'Said he plans to put it back into in-service condition.

I would like to say thank you to Andy (Robert), CHP8336 (Rich), ChrisL, and Va5.0 (Jack) specifically for their help, insight, and parts. Not everything went with #E408395, so I will be able to use some of your goodies for the SMPV. I really appreciate everyone's help who gave advice to a N00B, and the friendships that have resulted. Since it is November, I just wanted to say Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ByeBye.jpg (40.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Congrats Bill! I know it feels good to see her go to a good home!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold