Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by USPS SSP View Post
Let me tell you something. I have been in the body shop business for more than 25 years, and have been in business for myself for more than 10 years. The most time intensive and expensive part of any restoration is the body and paint work. Having that completed the rest is easy if you have the necessary parts to put the car together. And lets not forget the seller has restored many, many SSP Mustangs ! That car was as restored as any other advertised restored car is plain and simple.
He may have painted many, many SSP Mustangs, but he hasn't restored any.

The car we are talking about wasn't even painted by him....it was done by a previous owner.

I think we might be talking about "restifying" here.....it's not restoration, though......but we can agree to disagree.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 11-21-2009, 06:58 PM
It is what it is.

This is getting real old. What is the need to trash other people and their cars? Really, can some one please tell me? Why is it everytime I log on here the only updates are b*tching about somebody or somebody's car?

I would like to know how many 100% PERFECT Restored cars are out there? I'm sure only a handful. But probably quite a few that are in the 80%-90% column. Anyone who makes a TRUE 100% correct SSP car is probably going to do nothing but stare at it in the garage, the trailer, and the car show parking lot...and what fun is that? I'm sure most people like to drive and enjoy their car...me included.

Just my .02, but can this site please return to the days of talking about SSP Mustang history, asking questions about restorations, and helping each other enjoy the hobby a little bit more.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 11-21-2009, 07:00 PM

I agree. Restoration is an abused word. A restored car is stripped of each part that makes up its assembly then each part is disassembled and rebuilt both mechanically and cosmeticly, then reassembled. Very very few cars that are advertised as "restored" are truly restored. I'm out ...
Old 11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Admin

I think you may have confused this website with another.

We talk about the cars here, discuss pertinent issues, and aren't afraid to call BS when we see it.

It's not for everyone, so if it upsets you, I'd suggest that you refrain from reading it.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 11-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
I agree. Restoration is an abused word. A restored car is stripped of each part that makes up its assembly then each part is disassembled and rebuilt both mechanically and cosmeticly, then reassembled. Very very few cars that are advertised as "restored" are truly restored. I'm out ...
See....then we do agree. I saw one that was restored in that manner. It belonged to Jim Y. It may not have been perfect, but it was RESTORED, and advertised as such when he sold it. You are basically saying that the car that just sold was advertised as restored and it wasn't.....which is what several of us believe.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 11-22-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
And lets not forget the seller has restored many, many SSP Mustangs ! That car was as restored as any other advertised restored car is plain and simple.
again I disagree. If you buy a car and then.

1. have your painter paint it,
2. have your mechanic change the oil and do a 100 point inspection.
3. have your lot tech drop it off at Firestone for new tires.
4. have your lot tech drop it off at the car wash for a detailing.
5. hang a "State Trooper" hat on the headrest.

you are in no way doing a restoration on a car. To assume so is an insult to individuals that actually do restore their cars, doing as much of the work as they can themselves. What is even worse is when you buy a car that someone has worked their butt off on, then accept credit for the work as your own.

You are free to be as impressed and awed with anything or anyone you choose but I predict that like the growing list of other people, eventually you will begin to recognise the BS and see the smoke and mirror game for what it is.

If you buy and sell 1000 corvettes it doesn't make you an expert source regarding their history. That makes you a corvette car dealer. It is what it is.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP