Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:14 PM

if it still exists - there should be a "live chat" button on the eBay home page... it's better than emailing to eBay and waiting for canned answers, only having to resort to emailing them over and over w/ no resolution.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I received another email from him last night with threats of negative feedback. Here is my response:

I have given you my email address, my phone number, and made every effort to be patient with you. "Make it right"????? I am offering you a full refund. You have continually made excuse after excuse for not sending pictures of the damage. It is not my fault USPS damaged it. I choose not to buy USPS insurance because it is an absolute crock. Instead I offer refunds in my auctions along with free shipping. First you wanted me to send you MORE parts and now you start trying to extort money from me plus keep the cluster??? You can either return it for a refund, or keep it. I assure you I will deal with your feedback conduct appropriately. As a seller on eBay you should understand the effect of negative feedback. How this plays out is entirely upon how you conduct yourself. Threats and extortion tactics will get you nothing with me. If you want your money back, return the cluster and get a tracking number. Upon the cluster arriving at my house I will immediately refund your entire purchase price plus shipping.

best regards,
Jim

His username is JCMotorsport and he is out of Connersville Indiana.
Well worded response!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 AM
The White Fred Sanford

Good luck....Ebay will do nothing unless it affects their wallet directly. Also be warned if the guy used paypal he can dispute the transaction and they will automatically remove money from your account and in the end they will likely find for the buyer. I've been through this with a guy that bought something for a friend and then only paid for it when I filed a non paying bidder complaint....then once he got it made up a lie about the item and filed with paypal...in the end paypal said "it's your word vs. his" and authorized a refund for him. I never got the part back and the dirtbag got his refund...despite him sending messages through the ebay system which showed proof....but even though paypal is owned by ebay they do not have access to emails sent through the ebay system.

Sellers are not allowed to leave negative feedback....this is wrong on so many levels but that's their policy which allows buyers to extort a seller.

Rules to live by for sellers:
-ALWAYS use delivery confirmation!
-ALWAYS build insurance into the shipping cost for rare or high dollar items!

In the end if he paid with paypal they would require him to return the item but a lot of scammers are shipping back items that you did not ship them in the first place so be prepared for that as well.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:30 AM

yep. he filed a neg feedback. paypal has frozen the cash, but directed him to send back the part which is ok. I offered him a full refund all week but he wants to keep the part and get additional goods and money back. His name is JC Clark. I will wait to see what he sends me back. If it isn't exactly what I sent him i will be going to Connersville PD (about an hour away)to file a report. He might end up taking a hammer to it or something but there is a lengthy paper trail with pictures etc.

I left him positive feedback after he left me negative feedback. However he was very unhappy with the "accurate" description of our transaction. he doesn't know this yet but I have bought parts from him before at the Columbus swap meet. In regards to eBay he should understand reports of negative feedback can effect someone. He has numerous stuff for sale right now. lol

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Be prepared....he can report your feedback and ebay WILL remove it if he does and tell you how you violated the feedback policy...I've been there, done that.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:38 PM

A few years ago I sold some old license plates to a guy on ebay, he lived in KS just across the state line from me. He wanted to pick them up and not pay the whole $4 shipping fee. I said it was too much hassle and I would only mail them. He ended up threatening me and my family. What a dumbass, he made threats across state lines over the internet which is a Federal felony! Don't threaten a Federal officer either moron! He got a visit from the FBI, the agents who went to his house said he looked like he was going to crap himself when they identified themselves and why they were there.

Good luck Jim! LOL

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 PM

lol I guess I should check. he may have already done that. I really am not all that concerned about it now. It pisses you off when these morons play these games but the reality of it is that if you are a seller you are pretty much screwed as eBay is so far slanted to the buyer. Thankfully I buy way more than I sell.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Goodwill Ambassador

Smile

Oh, goodness! I fear things like this the most when dealing on eBay. I've had an eBay account since May 1999 and have kept it perfect ever since. It's difficult to do.

But more & more people are utilizing eBay than they were 10, or even 5 yrs ago. Hope it works out, Jim. You didn't deserve this ordeal!