Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I usually try Ford Motor Company first. There are many parts still available from the dealer. I ordered a bunch of stuff one time from 5.0 Resto and most of it came in original Ford packaging. I checked with the dealer and found i could have bought it all there and some of it was cheaper. Lesson learned....
I agree. Check your local Ford Dealer for pricing.

I was looking for the plastic door panel anchors. Couldn't find them at my local Murray's Auto Parts. Walked next door to the Ford Dealer. Not only did they have them, but the parts guy just gave me the dozen I needed. No charge! Glad I didn't order any through a catalog.

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Old 01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

Well I ordered the tag bracket... $25.00 I am making a list for all of the interior stuff and I would like to put the exhaust back to stock as well. It has a brand new "X" pipe ad exhaust but it really is a little loud at 55-60 mph. I can't stand that so I will have to change it over. I found a new old stock "H" pipe for $300 on E-bay and I think I can find the factory exhaust too...
Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM

Congrats on your purchase. Check the rear-end gearing as it may have been changed and is what is causing your speedo reading to be off. Seems consistent that it was owing to your intake and exhaust not being stock either (the three most popular areas to mod with these cars by the masses).
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

You may be right... My friend was doing 55 and I was doing about 62... I could tell I wasn't going that fast, it may have been everyone flying past me, I really want to put the car back to stock. I can't stand the drone on the highway with this exhaust and I have no plans on racing it so that is why I will look into stock exhaust and intake... I may put a K&N filter in it but that will be the extent of its go faster stuff.... Don't get me wrong I like to drive fast but I just want this car correct.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoys63 View Post
Well I ordered the tag bracket... $25.00 I am making a list for all of the interior stuff and I would like to put the exhaust back to stock as well. It has a brand new "X" pipe ad exhaust but it really is a little loud at 55-60 mph. I can't stand that so I will have to change it over. I found a new old stock "H" pipe for $300 on E-bay and I think I can find the factory exhaust too...
If you find the stock exhaust and they have several send me a PM. I am needing stock exhaust for several cars.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 01-06-2010, 09:43 PM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

I assume you are looking for the exhaust systems not the "H" pipe?? I am trying to track them down on-line and I have some friends at Ford that are looking also for me. The tough thing is the shipping costs. But I am sure it will work out. I will be sure to let you know what and where I find them.. No problems my friend!!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoys63 View Post
I assume you are looking for the exhaust systems not the "H" pipe?? I am trying to track them down on-line and I have some friends at Ford that are looking also for me. The tough thing is the shipping costs. But I am sure it will work out. I will be sure to let you know what and where I find them.. No problems my friend!!
Wow, good luck finding stock exhaust, even used they're hard to come by!

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 AM

Aj,
The people i work for also own a Ford dealership that's been around for a while ... I will ask if they have any of the parts you need .

ssp91ssp
Hector
http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss28/alvar4/
Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 AM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

Thank you..I really appreciate all of the support from this gang. Yes the exhaust is being a challenge. I found 2 factory "H" pipes on Ebay... One not to far from me and the other up north somewhere. My '91 has an aftermarket BBK "X" pipe and aftermarket cat-back system. It is very raspy and I really don't feel the power gain. The car is a little obnoxious on the highway at 55 m.p.h. I have been looking everywhere for the rest of it. I really want it back to stock. I will tell you another tough one that I can't find is a stock mass air roller cam for a 5.0. I need it for my other car. I made the mistake when rebuilding the engine of putting the Ford Racing cam that I was told was near stock and it is B.S. the car doesn't idle smooth like I want it too. I converted the '84 LTD LX over to mass air S.E.F.I. but the cam is just too rough for my liking. The car also has a '91 Mustang engine in her. I have had her since 1990 and has been through alot with me. I don't race these cars I just like them to run well... Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:16 PM

Aj ,
I'm into Drag racing , i have a 0 mile fac roller cam and would trade you for the Motorsport cam you have ...
Yes , my cam is brand new !

did you view my cars ???? we love fox cars ... !!
ssp91ssp
Hector