Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989 Tx DPS SSP View Post
Get us the last 6 0n the VIN as this is a car we have not documented yet. Most of the info Tony and I have is from the AUCTION brochures I have and this was not one sold at my auctions. A soon as you get Title run a VIN owner check through the state. Some of the Records are getting pured> iwas able to mine all the way back to when I bought it from the state. What part of Houston is the car in? The DSO is Houston but the cars were sold through Gallespe Ford in San Antonio.

Tom
here is the last six of the vin#252558
when I get the car, I will send pics of the bucktags for verification. Thanks
Old 11-12-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texunter View Post
sorry, I missed the previous post. I have never spoken with rick, only his wife. she seemed to be good people. othewise I would have never bought the car sight unseen and not knowing who I'm dealing with. I do have pics of the engine compartment and there is no wiring. too bad huh? I hope you don't have hard feelings toward me for buying this car. I didn't mean to "take" it from anyone. I know there were several guys chomping at the bit to get this car. I just got lucky and was able to pay first. its in good hands though. I have an illness, its called Mustang obsesseditis. I cherish these cars and hate to see them taken for granted

Nope not taking it from ME... I don't have the $$$ right now or the space.. I just got rid of my 85 CHP to jarhed... Have had and sold a few Texas cars over the years. I have the same disease. I only have 3 mustang coupe 5.0 mustangs right now 2 SSP's and another that is not.

Yes, Rick and his wife are good people. They are local forum members to a car club as well as a Mustang club. southercreationz.net and westsidemustangs.com SSPSTANGDRIVER is his ID if you hit those sights...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texunter View Post
now that i think of it, i read somewhere that the 88 ssp's were maf cars as the civilian 88' cars are speed density. that would explain the unique wiring harness. thats even better if that is true. that justifies having mass air on an 88'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86NeSSP View Post
The 88 Civilian cars in California were mass air and the SSP's were all speed density.
Just a point of clarification here. Ford built the "49 State" '88 retail cars with speed density induction and all the retail '88s shipped to California were built with mass air.

But it's not so clear cut how the '88 SSPs were built. There are non-CA delivered SSPs that came with mass air and CA delivered SSPs that have speed density. The best theory out there so far is that this situation may have been caused by scheduling interaction between when CA cars and SSPs were produced. All SSPs were special order cars and their daily build numbers were limited so as not to slow the factory line down too much. They were individually slotted into the line among all the retail cars and it may have just been the luck of the draw as to what induction any particular SSP received depending on if it was built on a CA or non-CA production day.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 11-12-2008, 10:50 PM

If you look at the VIN info on .ORG you will see that it falls in line with everything. I use to own 252511 and regret selling it because it gone forever as the car I remember.

Tom
Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 PM

wow, i just looked at the vin registry and it looks like the plate number on my car in service would have been 540-074 unit # m8-545?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:46 PM

do you think it would be safe to say this car came with black ten hole wheels?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:48 PM

YES on Black Wheels
Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 AM

ok good, I just picked up a set of ten hole wheels. they are silver but that can be fixed. no idea on the lic. plate #? looks like they fell in order according to the vin. reg.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:38 PM

I would like to find a set of spotlights for this car. anyone have a good source? unity S6 correct?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:23 PM

eBay is a good start. You need the s6 with the "K" length shaft. The mounting bracket is #221r drivers and 221 pass.

Found these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...spagenameZWDVW

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.