Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:06 PM

i thought 93s have mirror lights and the direction bar in the back with the 2 red and blue lights on both sides
typhoon intake, bbk cold air intake, professional products 70tb and egr
c&L 73mm mass air
Old 10-20-2012, 02:35 PM

The 93's did. Not all had the red light with the front mirror.
My car is a 1992. The later part of 92 they started to come out with the directional rear deck light bar. Federal Signal something. I can never remember the name of it. Arrow ? something or other.

My car DID have that type of rear deck light bar in it during it's service with the CHP. Antelope Valley area.
HOWEVER..... all of the mustangs I ever drove on duty never had that type of rear deck light, just the cans.

So I restored my car as I remember them when I drove them. I did pick up that correct rear deck light at Ripon, waiting for other parts for it to complete it.

IF I were to ever sell it ( the car ), it would have the correct rear deck lights to go with it.
I have everything I ever used on duty in this car. just looking for the correct ink pen. Might find one some day, but doubt it. I have the cap, looking for the clip ( picture attached ) BUT it had a round ball at the end of it instead of the the way this one looks.
If anyone comes across one like this, send it my way please. I have pieces to make one look like the ones we used back then.
Sounds stupid, but it completes the car inside lol

The small things matter !!

I even have one of my original little round finger print pads we used in the car. I used to use it all of the time on violators when cited or arrested with questionable information. FUN stuff !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21tVjp-eq9L__SL500_AA300_.jpg (6.7 KB, 192 views)
Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10608 View Post
The 93's did. Not all had the red light with the front mirror.
My car is a 1992. The later part of 92 they started to come out with the directional rear deck light bar. Federal Signal something. I can never remember the name of it. Arrow ? something or other.

My car DID have that type of rear deck light bar in it during it's service with the CHP. Antelope Valley area.
HOWEVER..... all of the mustangs I ever drove on duty never had that type of rear deck light, just the cans.

So I restored my car as I remember them when I drove them. I did pick up that correct rear deck light at Ripon, waiting for other parts for it to complete it.

IF I were to ever sell it ( the car ), it would have the correct rear deck lights to go with it.
I have everything I ever used on duty in this car. just looking for the correct ink pen. Might find one some day, but doubt it. I have the cap, looking for the clip ( picture attached ) BUT it had a round ball at the end of it instead of the the way this one looks.
If anyone comes across one like this, send it my way please. I have pieces to make one look like the ones we used back then.
Sounds stupid, but it completes the car inside lol

The small things matter !!

I even have one of my original little round finger print pads we used in the car. I used to use it all of the time on violators when cited or arrested with questionable information. FUN stuff !
Often it's the littlest things that when added to a resto make the whole car so nothing done in that vein is stupid.

John, I wish we could have had a vid of you during our run up 99 in our cars after Ripon. I bet the smile on your face was blinding!
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 10-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Your car is how I want my cars John Exact and period correct! When my dad and I were at the academy back in august, I took pictures of the evoc chargers. One of them had a pen stuffed into the A/C vent in the dash. Thought to myself that if I had the same car one day, I would want that pen there. HAHA

That's one thing you retired chippies have over us "norms", you have the cop goodies LOL

Do you remember the brand of pen? Can you find any pictures of it on google? Might look around in all our CHP cars and gather pens. Never Know

My dad and I do have a complete rear deck light setup out of a Crown Victoria. Still has the CHP stickers. I'll send some photos of it and the stickers to you. Can always bring it over for you to look at.

My dad and I tried to catch up to you guys. 80mph didn't cut it I guess. (If I was driving I would have tried a little harder lol). I wanted to get some awesome shots.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 10-21-2012, 02:28 AM

lol Mike, it's hard to put in words the feelings it brought back.
I just kept looking at all of the off and on ramps, remembering all of the stops, pursuits, arrests etc.

Kept looking in my rear view mirror. Seeing your car behind me was like my beat partner and I heading back to the office.
And your car looked BAD ASS too ! Looked good !

It was a great feeling. I kept thinking...... what were the chances I'd ever get to drive this mustang on the exact freeway and beat areas to the office I retired out of ? Not only that, when Nelson had us take the mustangs behind the building next to the office so he could shoot the interiors, that was the exact spot I took one of the mustangs I last drove and took a bunch of pictures of it right before I retired.

So that was another amazement to me.
And all of that, thanks to you Mike ! You were the one that had been in contact with Nelson for quite some time.
And it all came together at Ripon.

It was a great way to end the show for me. ! It has and was a really great 3 weeks actually. From the time we took them to the Academy the end of Sept., EVOC track, that was a blast ! Then the show in Chico, then Ripon and then ending it with the trip up 99 to the office.

It's been a blast !
Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 AM

John,

I remember those pens. They were long, gray and had a small black cap?
I can't wait to join up with you at the next show. Hopefully my shoulder will be all done by then. I haven't had a chance to look for the extender clip. I should be able to get it to you soon. Send my a few pics of the interior of your car when you get a chance.

John
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM

Yes they were ! Look around the office drawers and cabinets etc. Dispatch, anywhere, briefing room etc. There has got to be a couple of them around som,ewhere. ASM office ?

OK will do. No prob on the extender clips. Send me a close up of the bumper sticker on the rear bumper of your car if you would.
Is this sticker era correct ? I remember a LOT of these on almost every car.
Thanks
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqF,!iUE3T(+FUgVBN7uJVcrU!~~_3.jpg (30.5 KB, 161 views)
Old 06-18-2013, 01:09 AM
It wasn't me....I promise

Beautiful John! Great work!!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 AM

Hey John. Congrats on your car. It is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing it at Ripon. I would love to have a paint job like that on my car. Absolutely beautiful.

I love my NHP SSP
Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 PM

Great car! That thing is fantastic!