Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:56 AM

Default 1993 CHP and 1993 FHP being flipped

Just passing along. Flippers are at it again. Here are a couple members' cars being resold

Quoting ad:
Quote:
1993 SSP MUSTANG FOR SALE $45,000

Restoring Mustang SSPs have become a growing hobby as of late, with car clubs and websites devoted to the restoration of the law enforcement workhorse. Most enthusiasts strive for accuracy in their models, with many scouring for OEM parts, including police radios, shotgun holders, lights, sirens, and other related equipment. Locating authentic service equipment is typically the toughest and most time-consuming aspect of restoring an SSP to its in-service condition. That's where homework and linking with fellow SSP enthusiasts proves invaluable. Mustang SSP values are strong, compared to other Fox-body Mustangs and should continue to strengthen in the coming years. This is one of the finest examples of a restored in srevice SSP Mustang's there is. As the 1980s dawned, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) approached Ford about producing a pursuit-special Mustang: A lightweight, compact and -- for the time -- powerful alternative to the laggard full-size Mopars. (The agency experimented with a few 1979 Camaro Z28-based pursuit cars, but their engines didn't hold up under strain.) As performance enthusiasts would soon discover, a potent 5.0-liter engine in the lightweight, rigid Fox-body "notchback" body delivered terrific performance. The CHP ordered about 400 in 1982 and the Mustang SSP (Special Service Package) was born. The SSP abbreviation means Special Service Package , a special Foxbody Mustang trim made exclusively for law enforcement use. One of the taglines used by Ford to help sell this car was This Ford chases Porches for a living. The Mustang SSP was essentially a more rugged version of the 5.0 Mustang, with added features (some standard, some optional) not available to the general public. Some of the additional features were:
Engine oil cooler
Silicone radiator hoses and aircraft-style clamps
Transmission fluid cooler
130 and 135 amp internally and externally regulated heavy duty alternators
Relocated rear deck release
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire

1993 SSP MUSTANG FOR SALE $25000

This Ford chases Porches for a living. The Mustang SSP was essentially a more rugged version of the 5.0 Mustang, with added features (some standard, some optional) not available to the general public. Some of the additional features were:
Engine oil cooler
Silicone radiator hoses and aircraft-style clamps
Transmission fluid cooler
130 and 135 amp internally and externally regulated heavy duty alternators
Relocated rear deck release
Single key locking doors/trunk
Reinforced floor pans
Full size spare tire
http://www.luxurygolfcarts.com/cars_for_sale1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3024.jpg (68.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3025.jpg (58.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0037.jpg (63.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg GEDC0038.jpg (100.2 KB, 60 views)
Old 08-27-2015, 10:00 AM

Don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.
Guess I should be proud the car I redid has a 45k asking price 😂
So much for the museum!
Old 08-27-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubes View Post
Don't know whether to laugh or shake my head.
Guess I should be proud the car I redid has a 45k asking price 😂
So much for the museum!
I'm right there with you!
Old 08-27-2015, 11:29 AM

WOW!!! That's crazy...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-27-2015, 08:10 PM

Same guy that used the same tactic with my friend, Buddy, to buy his 88 PCSD car. Claimed a museum....then whammo - up for sale at almost 3 times the purchase price.

I have a feeling he will be stuck with these for quite some time.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:08 PM

Red face

If someone is crazy enough to pay that much then so be it. I just hate it when those bloated prices cause the rest of us to pay more than a car is worth. I've been into air-cooled VW's for over twenty years now, and the prices for a rusted out beetle is ridiculous. I hope the SSP hobby stays within my comfort zone for a while..
1992 SCHP Unmarked #2-12-371
Old 08-28-2015, 12:43 AM

Old 08-29-2015, 08:55 AM

I have seen the CHP car Russ restored. One of the best I have ever seen.

Everyone knows how I feel about the greedy gougers that flip cars and parts. The only interest they have is making money, it has nothing to do about the cars or the people that drove them in service, regardless of how interested they pretend to be. I have been farting around with these cars for 18 years now. Gougers have always been around, but in the last five years they have gotten more greedy and their asking prices reflect that. 45K.......lol. That is some mighty fine crack that idiot is smoking.....

The seller will keep both of these cars unless he can find some douche retired millionaire with more money than brains. Plenty of them out there that could buy them. Like hitting the lottery.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 08-31-2015, 11:14 AM

I agree with ya, Jim. I joined this forum in 2008, and even back then flippers were not anything new. This kinda stuff happens all the time, regardless of the type of collector car. I don't condone it, and I am glad that this forum is available to the masses as a resource of information to warn others of sellers trying to make a fast buck.

Reading the FB posts about these two cars, I see where some folks say they are getting out of the SSP hobby. That is their choice. Interests ebb and flow, much like anything else. If these cars no longer light your fire, then it is time to move onto something else. But SSP Mutangs will continue to have a following (albeit, a relatively small, dedicated group), and we have set up this site to be the go-to place for everyone to learn about the cars and enjoy each others' company online. The seasoned veterans will help the n00bs learn that there are no shortcuts to performing a quality SSP restoration. The SSP hobby will persevere through the efforts of the "old-timers" along with the new blood, and we will continue with our efforts at .NET to keep the SSP blue light flickering.

[/steps down off soapbox]

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-31-2015, 06:23 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I agree with ya, Jim. I joined this forum in 2008, and even back then flippers were not anything new. This kinda stuff happens all the time, regardless of the type of collector car. I don't condone it, and I am glad that this forum is available to the masses as a resource of information to warn others of sellers trying to make a fast buck.

Reading the FB posts about these two cars, I see where some folks say they are getting out of the SSP hobby. That is their choice. Interests ebb and flow, much like anything else. If these cars no longer light your fire, then it is time to move onto something else. But SSP Mutangs will continue to have a following (albeit, a relatively small, dedicated group), and we have set up this site to be the go-to place for everyone to learn about the cars and enjoy each others' company online. The seasoned veterans will help the n00bs learn that there are no shortcuts to performing a quality SSP restoration. The SSP hobby will persevere through the efforts of the "old-timers" along with the new blood, and we will continue with our efforts at .NET to keep the SSP blue light flickering.

[/steps down off soapbox]
+1

Maybe its time for new blood anyway... I've been here since 07 and will be here for a long time to come " God willing"...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs