Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:07 PM

Default 1993 Greg Enger's Missouri State Hwy Patrol SSP

Hello – A friend of mine who is not a member of the SSP forums, Greg Engfer, asked if I would be so kind as to place a listing here for his 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang that is now for sale. So to that end I’m listing this here for him. Let me reiterate that this is not my 1993 MSHP SSP although it is a virtual twin…I’ve been through way too much getting that car to where it is now to sell it. Some of you have met Greg (for instance the 2010 PCOOA Convention in Indy). The sale itself is prompted by a move he is presently making to a new home. The vehicle is located in Florida.

This SSP has a great history, and is commonly known to have been the last SSP Mustang the Missouri State Highway Patrol took out of service. Many of you are familiar with the last Trooper assigned to it, Trooper (now Sgt.) Mike Cunningham, as he has been an SSP forum member in the past. An article was written on this SSP at about the time it was turned into service. One of the interesting facts is before turning the vehicle in, Sgt. Cunningham took a camera full of photographs (inside, outside, under the hood, you name it) documenting how it looks. Pictures also exist of Cunningham posing with the SSP. The most recent civilian owner lineage I’m aware of is Dave Colvin (of Michigan and another SSP forum member), Sgt. Cunningham, Eric Prince (MustangRetriever), Jim Post (PCOOA Founder) and Greg Engfer for the past couple years

This is a rather rare SSP having been 1 of 25 SSP’s Missouri procured of the 1993 model year and 1 of 71 total procured by Missouri over 4 different model years. It comes with a number of documents and treasure trove of in-service photographs proving its provenance as an original MSHP Mustang. Thanks to MustangRetriever, the emergency equipment setup is just as it was when used in-service by the MSHP and presently serves as a show car. The exterior color is Vibrant White and the interior color is Ruby Red. The license plate number is 153-HP, which represents the badge number of the last Trooper assigned to it (Trooper Mike Cunningham as referenced above). It was in-service with the MSHP from 1993 to 1996.

Exterior: Vibrant White exterior color. MSHP emblems are on magnetic backings for display at car shows. I know Greg has a lightbar cover he purchased for the car. Faux/reproduction MSHP license plates come with the car as well. Greg has some other various items he shows with the vehicle in car shows and can go into those details for you if you contact him directly.

Mechanical: Mileage at this time is 144,535. Greg has had occasion to drive this vehicle long distance to a number of shows and it has driven very well for him. He’s invested a good bit of money (around $9,000 or so) into it mechanically since owning and I’m told it has zero leaks. Greg can share more with you directly, if interested, but I know this included the rear main and correcting various other leaks, thermostat, A/C work, clutch work, etc. The engine has some modifications…I’m not certain who installed them or the full extent, but Greg can fill you in on those. For those it would matter, stock parts could be obtained to replace what has been changed.

Interior & Electronics: Ruby Red interior. If curious ask Greg about elbow rest as I know it had the stock one when MustangRetriever sold the car. Electronics installed/placed exactly as the MSHP equipped their 1993 SSP Mustangs. Electronics are functionally wired into the vehicle. I know Greg has invested some money emergency equipment wise into the vehicle since he has owned it and can go into details for you on what he had done.

Greg is listing it here for sale at $11,500, which is exactly what he paid for it. I think is a fair price given the history/documentation, that it can be immediately enjoyed and given how much Greg has invested into the vehicle itself. You also get to enjoy the fruits of the many hours MustangRetriever and I have spent researching and documenting these MSHP vehicles. I appreciate Greg for giving us an opportunity to list this up first here on the SSP Mustang forums and hopefully it will land within the SSP community. MustangRetriever knows a great deal about this SSP and I’ve had the pleasure of seeing it in person myself so feel free to PM with questions.

I’ve posted up a few of the photos that I have of his car. Some are from the 2010 PCOOA Convention. Contact Greg directly for questions of him, other pictures, etc. Greg can be reached via cell phone (651) 747-5178 or email CountyMountie@aol.com.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01954.jpg (159.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg PCOOA 19th @ Indy 7-1-10.125.jpg (70.1 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg PCOOA 19th @ Indy 7-1-10.127.jpg (76.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg PCOOA 19th @ Indy 7-3-10.48.jpg (67.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg PCOOA 19th @ Indy 7-1-10.48.jpg (68.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg PCOOA 19th @ Indy 7-3-10.45.jpg (68.0 KB, 44 views)

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-07-2011, 08:16 PM

Default In-service pics in link

Pics #65 through #82 at the following link are in-service pics of this SSP...

http://public.fotki.com/MOstang/vari...phs/page3.html

Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 PM

Great looking SSP, the history and it being the last in service unit only makes it better!
1991 Santa Clara #91054 SOLD
Old 07-08-2011, 11:50 PM
...Gathering Parts

I remember when that car was first restored by Dave Colvin of MI back in 2003!
Old 07-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Resident Geezer

I have seen the car in person at a PCOOA show in Jefferson City MO. Erik and I had our MSHP SSPs along with it at that show. Very nice car indeed.

'89 FHP Unit # 435 (Deceased)
'89 FHP Unit # 1526 Troop H (Madison)SOLD 12/3/13
'89 SCHP Marked Unit # 2-12-80 SOLD 6/21/15
'88 SCHP Unmarked Unit # 2-12-23 SOLD 9/3/12
'90 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642-HP SOLD 12/17/11
'88 MSHP Marked Unit # P-162 Plate # 642
Old 07-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Just giving this one a bump...thanks.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Default Price lowered to $10k

Greg asked me to post up that he's lowered his price to $10,000. That is one heck of a price for a beautiful SSP with TONS of documentation and in-service pics of it.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:22 PM

I understand this car may be sold...
1991 Santa Clara #91054 SOLD
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpargo View Post
I understand no money has been exchanged yet.....at such time that happens, seller will let me know and I'll advise accordingly.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpargo View Post
Jon,

I saw the same thing-

OK !!!! I can't stand it.....I made an offer that was accepted on this car yesterday. Pending money transfer etc this car is coming to OKLAHOMA to sit next to my others!!!! I am very excited about owning this car. I grew up in Joplin missouri so there is a tie to these cars..........

Neil G

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP