Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:07 PM

Default 1990 MSHP SSP P-162 plate 642-HP

As you know via another post, I’m adding another SSP to my stable. To that end, I’ve decided to list my 1990 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang for sale. I have owned it for nearly 2 years, after importing it back to the United States from England where it has spent approximately 2 years. After bringing it home and picking it up from the Port in Baltimore, I spent the next 7 months working to return this SSP accurately to how it was outfitted while in service with the MSHP. I'll do my best to describe the vehicle in detail...please feel free contact me w/questions.

My SSP into service as Inventory unit # P162 on March 30, 1990 until May 26, 1992 with (at the time) 58,684 miles. 1 of 16 SSP Mustang’s MSHP purchased ordered for 1990 and 1 of 4 in Twilight Blue color. This is 1 of only 2 1990 MSHP SSPs I am aware of returned to accurate in-service specifications out of the 16 purchased for the 1990 model year. Originally a marked road car, later the markings and lightbar were removed for drug interdiction. Unlike others. the low band whip antenna affixed on special trunk channel bracket. It was assigned to Corporal Londell Jamerson (badge number 642) and displaying license plate number 642-HP, serving out of Troop A Lee’s Summit, Zone 4 working Platte County. Jamerson retired as Captain in 2013 serving as designated Director of the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division.

Interior: The interior is in very nice condition with crystal blue interior and crystal blue and black dash. Seats and carpets have been shampooed since I’ve owned the vehicle. New crystal blue floor mats were placed in the vehicle since I’ve owned it. As typical with SSPs, the map pockets on the doors have somewhat stretched from items previously stored in them. It comes with cruise control and automatic window and door lock controls, all of which function properly. The trunk opener button inside the vehicle operates properly. AM/FM radio operates normally. The elbow rest console operates property, but the elbow rest does have some cracking in the vinyl on top of it. The black steering wheel is in really excellent condition (I’m guessing a prior owner had it restored).

Exterior: Exterior is Twilight Blue and was stripped, bead blasted and repainted in mid-to-early 2000’s by a Ford Dealership. It was originally manufactured with light blue pin stripe, however, it was not re-added following repaint. I had correct color pin stripe reinstalled late by a pin stripe professional in Metro Detroit who originally installed pin stripes on Fox Body Mustangs when they were manufactured at the Dearborn Assembly Plant. Exterior paint is very nice, but this car is driven to / from car shows and enjoyed, so a scrutinizing eye will find some imperfections. Permanently marked with correct MSHP period correct emblems I obtained from the Supplier to the MSHP. The MSHP has authorized me to purchase from their Supplier. Installed new correct size Cooper Tires shortly after purchasing. Replaced 10 hole wheels with ones I had refurbished by Keystone. From my eye, the body is straight and I see no issues with the exterior panels. This vehicle had minor in service accident striking a ditch while in pursuit on I-70. Passenger front received minor damage per Accident Report. Repair on outside of car is excellent with nothing noticeable. Inner panel under the hood left side is a bit off in a small area, however, I only notice when specifically looking for it. Again, the exterior of the car panels are excellent. The car wheels align properly with no issue, but I want to be transparent on what I’ve learned about this vehicle (CarFax shows the accident while the MSHP owned it). I’m aware of no other incidents. The MSHP required Accident Reports from a separate Trooper when their vehicles in accidents. This is actually great for an SSP collector, like me, as the MSHP purged their Trooper Assignment records for Mustangs years ago. As a result, this report provides me documented evidence on who the MSHP Trooper was assigned to my SSP.

Mechanical: Mileage is presumed 131,618 (odometer 31,618) . Purchaser can expect a moderate amount of additional miles added to the vehicle while I continue to own it. I’ve been told the engine is not original and a previous owner replaced it with a Ford remanufactured correct engine. Correct Motorcraft battery and quick disconnect installed. Over past year, I have had following mechanical related items completed by Oval Repair in Livonia, Michigan. Work includes the following: replacement Motorcraft heater core and associated hoses / clamps; bassani headers installed by prior owner removed and replaced with correct exhaust manifolds from National Parts Depot; new Motorcraft spark plugs; alternator wire replaced; prior owner had smog parts removed and I had re-installed (prior owner kept parts after removing them); emission air hoses replaced; new smog pump installed (old one seized up). Oval Repair of Livonia, Michigan (look them up on Facebook!) does a tremendous amount of Mustang work, in addition to other collector vehicles and new car service work. Owner of the shop is member of MOCSEM (the Mustang Club I belong), owns several Mustangs (including Fox Body) and is well respected Mustang hobbyist. I’ve retained the service slips, which indicate work completed and cost. Air conditioner is empty; therefore it does not blow cold air. It was this way when I purchased, and I’ve not had interest in addressing. Oval Repair thinks it may need an a/c drier, but that is speculation. Owner of Oval Repair has test driven my vehicle on multiple occasions and noted a right rear axle noise. I’ve been told it doesn’t need attention now, but will eventually need to be assessed. Personally I haven’t heard it, but his ear is trained better than mine to pick up on sounds. A prior owner installed a short throw shifter and transmission sometimes whines when shifting into first gear. Owner of Oval Repair told me this doesn’t require attention, only if it bothers me, which it doesn’t. Engine runs smoothly and the 5-speed transmission shifts smoothly, offering a pleasant and enjoyable driving experience. I will gladly provide the Oval Repair owner’s name and number to anyone really serious about purchasing this vehicle to get first hand opinion on vehicle. I can tell you he has told me it’s one of the best driving Fox Body Mustangs he has driven.

Electronics: Priority One Emergency, a respected emergency vehicle outfitter in Metro Detroit installed emergency equipment per MSHP 1990 SSP Mustang specs. I participated with them throughout install, which was executed by their Lead Tech who also is active in collector police car hobby. Same company that did install for my 1993 MSHP SSP Mustang. He put a lot of care into it and did outstanding job on installation. I receive many compliments on the quality. Electronics include the following: driver side Unity spotlight (Trooper painted flat black to cut down on glare); Code 3 alternating headlamp flasher; Code 3 LP6000 lightbar rebuilt to 1990 MSHP specifications; Code 3 lightbar / siren control box (it has the correct and difficult to find one with deleted air horn); GE Rangr low band radio; Uniden scanner; MPH S-80 radar; Motorola Southwestern Bell Telephone cellular phone; GE MASTR II Executive repeater; triple 12-volt adapter.

Documentation: An unbelievable amount of documentation will come with it. Documents include the following: approximately 7 in-service pictures of this very SSP (including 2 photos of Trooper standing with it); Deluxe Marti Report; recent CarFax; State of Missouri Notice of Statewide Contract and PO for bid on their 1990 SSP Mustangs; Ford Invoices for this very SSP Mustang; Delivery Receipt / Checklist from Trucking Firm who delivered this SSP Mustang to tMSHP; original MSHP Record of Service & Repair for this SSP Mustang; documentation prior owner importing vehicle to England; documentation on me importing vehicle back to USA. MSHP Accident Report copy that provides documented evidence on MSHP Trooper assigned (MSHP purged Trooper assignment records on Mustangs).

Continued...below...

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 07-19-2016, 08:08 PM

Default For Sale: 1990 MSHP SSP P-162 plate 642-HP

Continued...

Extras: Article on assigned Trooper's promotion to Captain and designated Director of the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division. Article on assigned Trooper retirement and subsequent hiring by Metropolitan Community College (Kansas City) as their Chief of Police. Recent article on Captain Juan Villanueva receiving Patriot Award. Captain Villanueva was Trooper photographed with it while unmarked for drug interdiction. I’ve confirmed via an MSHP Trooper friend who spoke to Captain Villanueva that he was not assigned to it, rather borrowed it. Vehicle comes with replica (from Platemeister) period correct MSHP license plates with correct number (the assigned Trooper’s badge number) from when in-service. Binder full of documentation/etc. included with documents from when imported by prior owner to England and from when I imported back to USA. I even have England license plates that were mounted on car from time in England and when it arrived at U.S. Port. Multiple overseas and U.S. for sale listings from when prior England based owner listed for sale.

It is important to me for the next owner to have the right intentions, as this is a rare vehicle. To that end I’m willing to take some time to sell, if that is what is necessary to find the right buyer. I will only sell it to someone who is willing to own and display it in a respectful and honorable manner. This SSP has been owned previously by multiple SSP forum members. I have attended with this vehicle two respected emergency vehicle shows (Chicagoland Emergency Vehicle Show and the Cleveland Police Historical Society Vintage Police Car Show) so a number of individuals in the vintage police car hobby are familiar with it, having had the opportunity to observe it in person.

It is a 26 year old car, so it’s not perfect, but it is very nice and a unique SSP. I will remain a resource to whoever buys this SSP and continue to document further information learned about MSHP SSP Mustang. It is turnkey and ready to go attend police car and/or other car shows. I have displayed this vehicle at events with respected police car restorers and owners in attendance, and they respect the quality work done with this car. I can attest that you will be able to proudly display it at ANY respected police car show in the country and it will be appreciated.

I am listing for sale at $13,000, which is much less than I have invested into the car. This vehicle is in my name and I own it with Clear Title. Serious interested parties only. Please no tire kickers as I don’t want to waste my time and I don’t want to waste your time. Thank you for looking and feel free PM me with any questions or email me at ann underscore mike underscore patterson at msn dot com. If you contact me through one of those, we can exchange phone numbers in order to have verbal discussions. I am listing this vehicle on other SSP Forums and Facebook sites as well.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:12 PM

Default Pictures...

Pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR5.jpg (78.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR4.jpg (79.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR18.jpg (76.6 KB, 24 views)

Old 07-19-2016, 08:15 PM

Default More pictures

More pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR37.jpg (58.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR41.jpg (65.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR54.jpg (53.1 KB, 18 views)

Old 07-19-2016, 08:17 PM

Default And more pictures

And more pictures...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR57.jpg (76.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR50.jpg (64.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 90 MSHP P162 SSP 6-6-15.LR17.jpg (69.0 KB, 20 views)

Old 07-20-2016, 04:25 PM

I'm glad that you were able to bring this one back to the states. That way the car is more likely to find a buyer who is an enthusiast and will appreciate this unique car (I think all collector-era marked police cars are unique). GLWS!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-20-2016, 09:15 PM

Thanks Bill.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:58 PM

Default Sold

Quick update...car is sold. Received a deposit on it about 10 days ago with final payment made today. Supposed to be picked up by a shipper on Wednesday for the trip to an excellent new owner located in west St. Louis county (Missouri). It's going to have a nice new home back in Missouri, which seems appropriate. My understanding is the new owner is not a member here, but I've encouraged them to sign up. Well at least for a short time I will own 1/2 a percent of the MSHP SSPs.

Old 08-01-2016, 11:07 PM

Congrats on the sale!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-03-2016, 09:19 AM

yes congrats on the sale. I was trying very hard to not look at the photos....

Mike let the new owner know I have a very large file of photos of the car when I owned it previously. I can send them on to them if they want them.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP