Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chism View Post
I see what your trying to say. I will admit, when I first saw the in-service pics of your car I was not crazy about how they continued the white rearward of the doors to a point above the rear wheel opening. It kinda throws off the lines of the car. I wonder what their reasoning for doing this was?
FYI - that extra bit of white on the quarter panel was painted to make all the white on the side of the car resemble the shape of the state of Oklahoma. Get it?
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Although the original paint markings look unusual, there's nothing wrong with returning the car to its original color scheme. There are other options, too. As I said previously, you could repaint the car all-black if you're looking to make it a driver. As another possible option, a member here named rocketscience repainted his CHP Mustang with just a white roof and black body, as seen towards the end of this thread:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2792

Just don't paint this one yellow!
That 85 looks amazing! That would look good SuperDan.
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
FYI - that extra bit of white on the quarter panel was painted to make all the white on the side of the car resemble the shape of the state of Oklahoma. Get it?
LOL! True story?
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 04-05-2012, 03:45 PM

I like rocketscience's car but im allowed to have any color combos i want as far as the law i have an have spotlights and overheads. As long as their not red or blue so im thinking black with white roof and doors with the soptlights and the pushbar if i can find one or make one also thinkong of some black cobra r's
Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdan View Post
I like rocketscience's car but im allowed to have any color combos i want as far as the law i have an have spotlights and overheads. As long
as their not red or blue so im thinking black with white roof and doors with the soptlights and the pushbar if i can find one or make one also
thinkong of some black cobra r's

If that's the case and you're thinking of putting (clear) lights on the car, then you could go with an accurate restoration of the original paint scheme -

You could either permanently mark the car and cover the logos while driving with painters tape, or put the logos on magnets or static clings for display purposes. I
seriously doubt you would ever regret putting that car of yours back into original condition.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
If that's the case and you're thinking of putting (clear) lights on the car, then you could go with an accurate restoration of the original paint scheme -

You could either permanently mark the car and cover the logos while driving with painters tape, or put the logos on magnets or static clings for display purposes. I
seriously doubt you would ever regret putting that car of yours back into original condition.
I doubt ill do the over heads but the magnetic ohp logos is a good idea i did buy it in plans of haveing a driver
Old 04-05-2012, 06:00 PM

my auto correct on my phone make some dumb corrections for me im glad yall can figure out what im talking about lol
Old 04-05-2012, 08:46 PM

ok looking at the above picture i dont think its mine my car doesnt have any antenna holes or mounting holes for the overheads
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 PM

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG] starting the body work
Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
This is true on the paint scheme for Ok HP cars even the cruisers have the same paint scheme. Its the shape of the state.Always has been.
My opinion is restore the car right and paint it just like the pictures. By not doing it right your not doing the car justice and your killing the value of the car. OK HP SSPs are rare and by going off the grid you will just have another Mustang....My thoughts only just thought Id share. Do what you want to its your car and Good Luck!

86 CHP Unit #3852
86 Texas DPS M6-383
93 Texas DPS M3-379
93 Cobra Teal #2304 (sold)
03 Cobra 10th Annv.Conv.