Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:55 PM

Default welcome!

welcome to the site! great score! very nice car. I would def leave it blue, just way too nice to repaint.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM

Welcome to the forum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gt500 View Post
welcome to the site! great score! very nice car. I would def leave it blue, just way too nice to repaint.
I agree. But there should be no hurrry for you to determine what you want to do with your SSP. It took me months to decide how I wanted my CHP repainted. I could have gone several directions, but I took my time and came up with the best choice in my situation.

More pictures please!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswoodard View Post
Yes, this is the one indeed. I am impressed so far with this site. I must admit that the seller was more than up front with me that it was not a GSP car but just an SSP car that was used by the Clayton County Police...

I am very glad to hear that from you and that you know what you have. Sounds like the Seller fessed up with you. Interesting he never chose to publicly (on the forum) respond to any of my many postings asking him to clarify his statement that it was a former GSP SSP and what documentation he had to actually tie to VIN to GSP documentation.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Thanks guys for all the encouragement. It has been more than 15 years since I have owned a fox body and it is bringing back a bunch of memories from my "hoodlum" days. The last time I had a fox body I was more interested in cutting it up to make it lighter and faster and louder, and now I am more interested in making it quieter and more reliable (arghhh, what is happening to me). I biggest problem that I am having is that the car is an automatic and I still associate 5.0L mustangs with manual transmissions. I bought a T5Z shortly after I bought the car but it is too clean for me to cut a hole in the floor board for the T5. So I will have to endure the AOD (until I can find a clean 5 spd SSP =) )
Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswoodard View Post
Thanks guys for all the encouragement. It has been more than 15 years since I have owned a fox body and it is bringing back a bunch of memories from my "hoodlum" days. The last time I had a fox body I was more interested in cutting it up to make it lighter and faster and louder, and now I am more interested in making it quieter and more reliable (arghhh, what is happening to me). I biggest problem that I am having is that the car is an automatic and I still associate 5.0L mustangs with manual transmissions. I bought a T5Z shortly after I bought the car but it is too clean for me to cut a hole in the floor board for the T5. So I will have to endure the AOD (until I can find a clean 5 spd SSP =) )
I had the same delima when I bought mine. I have always owned 5 speeds and the thought of driving an AOD car just was not appealing. But, since I will not be hot rodding it I grown to love the automatic. Mine was originally white but repainted black when it wasn't used as a DARE car anymore and then used by the drug unit. I am still in the delima of reapinting it white or repainting it black just to keep it's herritage as well and I bought it about a year ago. Just wait a while and think about what you really want to do.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 PM

You want a 5-spd? I'll trade you an '01 Dark Highland Green Bullitt before I could dare watch that fox be modified. I have desperately looked over the years for an unmolested/unmodified AOD 5.0L coupe and either it didn't exist or I didn't have the money they were asking.

I now need an AOD. I have the Bullitt and my '82 CHP coupe, both manual transmissions. My Camaro is an automatic, but it's got some issues after that long trip back to Colorado for their Anniversary. I've got a broken toe and let me tell you, shifting that clutch has been extremely painful. I've come up with too many reasons over the past year to get back into an AOD for a daily driver.

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase. Enjoy it and find another car if you want a 5-spd...please.

I found the build sheet for my '91 police Vic under the driver's seat and the Bullitt build sheets were behind the rear bumper cover. Fox Mustang build sheets have been found behind the interior sail panel or under the back seat or carpet. I have yet to find mine on the '82. Tape residue on the back of the sail panel tells me that's where it was.

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)