Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:32 PM

Ah right, that '82. Meant to say a later model Mustang than the '81-'82 era. That one's not bad looking...sure wish there were more photos of that program's vehicles.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 PM

Got the card in the mail today! Yes, the Dodge was wrecked and not fixed. Replaced some bent control arms, and it served me well as a daily driver for about 3 years.

Anyone know what the square with the A inside and the D to the right on the bottom of the card mean? It had a light bar, and I'm assuming the Motorola/CC1 equipment. No indication that it was converted to the Rangr setup, unless it was put into service late enough to have it originally. By 91, they all should have been converted.

Marc
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM

I rec'd two more CHP Assignment Cards today. If you have asked me to have a search made for your card, and it's not listed below, then it was not found. (sorry guys!)

The first one is for E408419, which is the recently-surfaced 85 that is owned by RocketScience -

It is interesting to note that 8419 showed signs of an accident, but nothing is listed on the Assignment Card.

I'll create a new post for the other card.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM

The next card is for the '87 SSP owned by Va 5.0 (VIN blocked out on this one too) -

The original cards will be mailed to the owners once I get their address. It is interesting to note that having the cards creates as many questions as answers. Why are the cards either orange, white, or yellow? Does the color indicate something? What is the R.F. Color? What does "100B" mean in the upper right corner?

I would like to add that I spoke to my source about on-going requests for cards. He asked that I continue to be his single point of contact on requests for cards. The only exception would be if you are interested in buying CHP parts from him, in which case he will be happy to look for your card while gathering the parts you need (PM me for his #). So if you need your CHP Assignment Card, I am happy to serve as a middle-man (with no service charge of course!).

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 PM

I left Robert Read multiple messages regarding parts and my assignment card but he has not responded. As a result I don't refer anyone else to him.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Admin

Cool stuff, Bill, and I'm glad you were able to get those. Can you ask him for some of the antenna-coupler boxes the next time you talk to him? I haven't talked to him in a few years.

Jim, he never was able to find my card, and I didn't want to bother him about the incorrect shotgun rack he sent me since he was having health problems. Guess he is still doing ok. Whoever "Sparks" was talking to sent him a photocopy of my card, so somebody had their hands on it at some point.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 08-03-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Jim, he never was able to find my card, and I didn't want to bother him about the incorrect shotgun rack he sent me since he was having health problems. Guess he is still doing ok. Whoever "Sparks" was talking to sent him a photocopy of my card, so somebody had their hands on it at some point.
I spent a ton of money with him also and I know of four different people I sent to him that bought stuff too. I tried getting in touch with him about 6 months ago leaving messages for him at work and home. Maybe he was involved in health issues or did not get the messages, not sure. The shotgun rack I got from him was/is for a crown vic but I am planning on refabbing my own and using the parts off of it. Years ago he was very helpful, providing me with all the original paperwork from the mustang program. Last I heard he is a member over on .org so maybe he can be contacted there?

I have never been able to find my assignment card. Some day when I am in Sacramento I will stop in myself and see if I can get someone to look for it.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 08-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
Last I heard he is a member over on .org so maybe he can be contacted there?

I have never been able to find my assignment card. Some day when I am in Sacramento I will stop in myself and see if I can get someone to look for it.
I'll just wait to hear back from Bill. The coupler box is the very last thing I need for the '82.

If you go, can you look for mine, too?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 08-04-2010, 07:48 AM

Cool stuff Bill...thanks for the post.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang