Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 12-19-2015, 06:04 PM

Default 1987 TxDPS on CL

John gave me a heads up in this one -

https://portland.craigslist.org/yam/pts/5360000466.html

Quote:
1987 Mustang SSP Coupe - $750 (Newberg)

I have a 1987 fox body Mustang Coupe SSP. I bought this a year and a half ago looking to rebuild it, ran out of steam, money, etc.
The car is and original Texas Highway Patrol car, I have the original buck tag, and the car is listed in the SSP registry.
It was black and white with red interior, has the trunk button relocated, and one key ignitions and locks.
I have an almost complete gray and black interior out of a '92 coupe that i was going to install, includes front/rear seats, dash, console, rear 1/4 trim panels, kicks and one gray door panel, as well as the original red stuff minus seats and console.
I have collected and cleaned up miscellaneous trim pieces, I have also replaced the rear 1/4 glass, somebody painted ALL of the trim body color.
The car was a 302 HO with an automatic, I don't have the tranny I was planning on converting to a 5 speed, the motor is on the stand with the top end torn down which is the way I bought it. I was told the rear end has been rebuilt with hardened axles but haven't verified, it is still a 4 lug set up with a set of Boyds rollers.
it has been sitting in my garage this whole time and I really need the space back.
Car needs to be completely gone through, and needs pans as most do.
I have a bill of sale from the original owner who lost the title, but have verified with DMV that it is legit just haven't followed through.

Again this car is not running and is a project, but would be nice to see if someone could put another old Notch SSP car back on the road or whatever, I'm not a purist!
I askd the seller to confirm the last 6 of the VIN.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 87TxDPSpic1.jpg (37.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 87TxDPStag2.jpg (16.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 87TxDPStag1.jpg (15.9 KB, 28 views)

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-21-2015, 11:49 AM

The seller confirmed the VIN as HF170615, which until now had not been a batch of VINs with a confirmed SSP Mustang.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!