Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Admin

I'm glad this discussion started (even though it technically is a true hijack).

Personally, I've come to the point where I can tolerate mods. If we run a guy off from here for having minor mods to his SSP, what good are we really doing anyone? Don't get me wrong....many of you remember the guy who showed up at ORG a few years back talking about how he was going to take a rare, unmolested SSP car, cut it all up, and shove a Chevrolet motor in it. We didn't tolerate that type of garbage then (over there) and we still won't now. Same goes for someone parting a perfectly restorable car. But a few variations from "stock"? Not my cup of tea, but to each their own, and it's not like anyone is going to get kicked out of here for it.

Alot of guys here do have experience with racing and modified cars, and the OP was asking about rear gears on a non-SSP. No big deal to me. I like how Bernie worded his response, too....SSP mods not looked at with the same "enthusiasm".

x1000 on Jim's comments about conducting ourselves appropriately and respectfully. We really don't have many problems here, and I think that reflects positively on not only the members who participate, but also to everyone involved in running the thing. Everyone isn't always going to agree on every single issue; but we've shown we can compromise when necessary and also to agree to diasgree respectfully with each other at other times.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363