Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 AM

Default 1986 Claimed OSP on Ebay

Just passing this along -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Musta...item3cba0d3c9d
88OSP3.JPG

88OSP2.JPG

88OSP1.JPG

The DSO is 740126. Interesting that the seller used a dented fender as a replacement. I like the switches on the shifter bezel.

Quote:
Welcome to our auction for this 1986 Mustang SSP ex Oregon State Polce car. We are putting this car up for auction to see if anyone wants to save, restore or just use this car. As you can see in the photos, it is not in perfect (well OK, not in very good) condition. The good news is it is a rust free car with the exception of some surface rust in places. There is nothing remotely resembling rust through anywhere on the body of the car. This is an original 5 speed 5.0 car. It is mostly original, I do have the speed density air tube for it but no air box. The car has all the single key locks, remote trunk release relocated, DSO 74-0126 and both Buck tags in place as shown. This car has been in storage for the past 10 years. I have not attempted to start it. I do not know if it will run.

This car has a reconstructed title. It hit an object with the front end. According to the previous owner, the insurace company totaled the car in 1999 for $900.00 and gave him the car back. I included a photo of the core support showing it has no damage. There is no damage I could find on the frame rails(see photo). The front bumper cover is original still as it has the OSP holes for the siren. As you can see it does not have its original hood or right front fender. The replacement fender was vandalized while parked and appears to have been kicked.

All 5 original police car wheels are present. There are no wheel caps. I have not done anything to this car other than wash it. It has not been cleaned or vacumed. The original spotlight is present. It has its original 140 mph police only speedometer. The mileage shown is what is on the odometer. I do not know how many miles are on the car. The exhaust sytem is shot and will need to be replaced. The tires have been sitting for years and would also need replaced.

When was the last time you saw an 86 Oregon State Polce car for sale. Here is your chance to own a Mustang 5.0 5 speed SSP OSP car. Please email any questions or feel free to call me at 503/930-0133. Thanks for looking.

I am hoping someone wants to save this car. I have two other SSP's in different stages of restoration at this time and am looking to sell this car. It will need to be trailered and will not go onto a transport truck on its own power.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!