Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Default 1982 CHP #0300

My dads 82. It has been covered in a blackberry bush for many years(which has actually protected the interior from the sun). My dad knows nothing about the car other than it was a CHP, it ran around Grants Pass(how my dad knew about it), ran and drove, and it is unit 0300.
For chp1982 and you guys, I went and hacked all the berries down(I had most knocked down a few months ago) to get pics . The car has had, from what I could tell 5 paint jobs: CHP b/w, CHP repaint of light yellowish tan, a very good blueish(wouldnt chip off other than in crevices), then back to all black, then to what it has now, white.
For now a TEASER

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 08-23-2011, 06:40 PM

I want to know what else is hiding in the berry patch.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
I want to know what else is hiding in the berry patch.
Ahh, well lets see, I found a 70 Hemi Cuda convertible, a couple Chargers, some Plymouth satellites, a 77 Fury, a 67 Shelby GT500, and some other cop cars. Just Kidding! haha
Actually there are Plymouth satellites (one a 440 police), a 71 6cyl Charger, a Packard, a 77 Grants Pass Police Ply. Fury(lone survivor), a 66 CHP Polara, some Diplomats(non CHP), and some others I havent uncovered yet.
More pics of the 82 soon to be posted.

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 PM

Pardon my ignorance / not knowing and particularly if this has come up already, but my curiosity has the best of me. What's your Dad's plan with all these cars. Seems like he has been acquiring for many years. Does he have a business that deals in old police cars?

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

More pics.
I remember when I was little (before all the blackberries took over), I would climb inside the car and pretend to drive and shift gears. My first fox and SSP memory

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
Pardon my ignorance / not knowing and particularly if this has come up already, but my curiosity has the best of me. What's your Dad's plan with all these cars. Seems like he has been acquiring for many years. Does he have a business that deals in old police cars?
No Problem.
He's been in the car restoration business since he graduated HS in '80. Since then he has had some very rare (and now worth hundreds of thousands of dollars) cars. He has over 200 collector cars and cop cars(including the largest private collection of CHP cars with 60+ cars) which he has finagled/traded/bought over the years(quite a few my dad bought to restore and sell). People my dad is restoring cars for want them to be done right away, but my dad has another full time job. With other peoples projects he doesnt have time for his stuff(he will be slowing down on taking on other peoples projects after the ones he has now are gone to work on his stuff). I will probably end up restoring a lot of them in the future. My dad now deals mostly in Crown Vic cop cars now. He started getting into the cop car stuff back in the 90's.
PM for stuff other than the 82 so the there will be no

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Ack!!!!! A sun roof!!

Hoo doggie. Mine's not near the project that one is.

Git 'er done!

Thanks for the pics, especially the interior.

EDIT: Would you check and see if the holes are there for the horizontal top brace for the mic and shotgun rack? Just to the right of the heater/ac controls. They're not on my car, but the holes on the top left corner of the glove box opening are there.
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)

Last edited by Wolfe1013; 08-23-2011 at 08:41 PM. Reason: added question
Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Are these them?

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM

Well, usually on the driver side in that same location and if I'm not mistaken, over/under in a vertical pattern. Mine doesn't have them either side unless I've got that blind!!
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

Kinda sad to see a CHP Mustang SSP in the blackberry bushs. I have kept my CHP car in the heated garage since I bought it from the CHP on 9-1-1987.

O well....... Mustang Kid .........I would like to give you MY honest opinon on ALL the very nice SSP cars your dad owns.

I really think your dad is awsome for buying all of those SSP cars back in the day like I did and KEEPING THEM.
I will label your dad a SSP hobbyist.

He bought all of these nice cars and kept them for so many years. I may not agree with how these cars were kept but thats not for me to judge.

Without saying to much B.S. I want you to know that these cars are getting hard to find and are special to many members here. There are some people in this hobby to make money buying and selling these cars as you prob already know who they are.

Then there are some of us that own these cars because we LOVE the cars and the SSP history that lives in every one of these cars. I really hope you understand what I am trying to relate to you.
Please save ALL of the SSP cars your dad owns. I hope YOU can restore all of these AWSOME cars in due time. If you or your dad dont want to do that then please try to sell them to a SSP hobbist that will restore them to there former glory. I have owned my car for 24 years and I hope YOU will own all of these AWSOME cars for as long as I have......... Your Friend Rich
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/