Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 PM

Default The new guy question...

Back in the day Cobb County Police ( Georgia ) had some real nice Mustangs in their fleet. I believe they were 93s and were solid white with the Cobb County Police down the sides in what looked like gold leaf. I believe they all had plain silver ten holes with some slick tops and others with lightbars.

I haven't seen one in many years of course. Would there be any way to track one down? I'm sure they were auctioned off just like any other surplus / retired city property. Is this on public record somewhere? Here is a CV in the same paint scheme.

I would also guess the slick tops were Captain's cars?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Admin

You could try to contact the agency to see if they have any old records of the cars (usually maintenance or property records) or see if they can tell you what method they used back then to surplus the cars and try to go that route (ie. an auction company). If you are lucky enough to find a VIN, Carfax and a number of other databases online can be helpful in your search (most are pay as you go).

Just remember that most states have privacy laws in place and you need to make sure you are in compliance with those when you attempt to make contact with someone who may now own of one these cars.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 12-22-2008, 11:16 PM

Thanks for the info. I have a friend in Kennesaw City PD which is in Cobb County. I'll check with him as well to see what he can tell me. Here is one of the Camaros that they replaced the Mustangs with after their retirement.

Just real clean looking. They also have new CVs this year in solid black with the same gold lettering. The new clear light bars really give them a stealthy look.

Plus they sit down in the entrance of my neighborhood and get the idiots who run the stop signs. I always get a good laugh about that