Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
That seems a bit harsh.
yeh.....I think I touched a nerve eh ??

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-26-2011, 02:14 AM
m200pilot
This message has been deleted by 28HopUp. Reason: multiple violations of forum rules
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m200pilot; (elsewhere)
And before the Monday morning quarterbacks from the "Brand-X" SSP site lose their minds...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote:
Originally Posted by m200pilot View Post
If I don't see you before you leave (no shock there), then pretty-please, with sugar on top... GO F#$% YOURSELF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m200pilot
Just keep your f#$%ing opinions to yourself. We really don't care what a spineless blowhard like you, or any of your SSP-Nazi "friends" thinks of us.
Chris, you were one of the first members to join here, yet have only made three posts in that time. Neither of the two latter posts (above) contributed anything for the benefit of the hobby, being filled with hateful personal slams and blurred profanity. Although you may try to claim "Jim started it", the first quote above by YOU was what brought this discussion onto the forums.

May I remind you of some of the forum rules, which you agreed to abide by back in 2006 when you joined here:

Quote:
Since we are all here (hopefully) to enjoy the hobby and share information, I'm hoping that these guidelines will just serve as reminders to everyone (ourselves included).

3. Personal attacks will also not be allowed. If you have something to say to someone that you may think is borderline, please make use of the private message function.

6. "Trolls or Trolling", "Flames" and/or "Board Wars" will not be tolerated here. Posts that taunt or are otherwise inflammatory against other sites will be removed. Also, anyone found to be making inflammatory posts and remarks on other forums (starting Flame/Board Wars) can and will lose their posting privileges here. This rule also applies to those that, for whatever reason, feel a need to post negative remarks about this site on other forums. If you do, don't expect to be welcome here.

9. Unprofessional conduct will not be tolerated. This includes anything having to do with anyone acting in any manner that discredits the hobby or embarrasses the rest of us. The privilege of owning, restoring, and showing one of these cars carries with it a great deal of responsibility. If you think it's wrong, and that you want to ask about it, it probably is.

10. If you have an issue that needs to be addressed, or just suggestions for the website or forums, please contact one of us; ImEvil1, Nodrama43, FHP813, Predator20, or 28HopUp. We are here to help.

So if you have a problem I suggest that you take it to PM's. But don't be surprised if the .NET Staff (none of whom are Nazi's by the way ) decides that your violations of forum rules warrant being banned.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 06-26-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 AM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
We really don't care what a spineless blowhard like you, or any of your SSP-Nazi "friends" thinks of us.
I was wondering if that is that like a Soup Nazi?
Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 AM

I suppose I could take offense to all the personal comments and insults but I have had enough of them thrown at me for the past 25+ years to let them bounce off. (It has been awhile since I have heard the "Nazi" term though.)

I don't consider myself a control freak, however I think it can be said that you pretty much know where you stand with me and I don't sugar coat much. The issue of posers playing with their emergency equipment is not an issue that is reserved just for mustang ssp owners. Ask anyone who has been in the hobby of owning/restoring these types of vehicles and they can talk about the people they have seen engaging in embarassing, rude conduct across the country. This specific issue has been discussed within our circle over and over so it isn't anything new to anyone interested in classic/antique emergency vehicles.

I think the video on you tube speaks for itself. Some may view it and believe it isn't a big deal. Some may view it and have the opinion it doesn't bode well for our hobby. In any event it is out there for the world to see and formulate an opinion about.

Due to the weather forcast I left the show yesterday at 1530 hours to come back to the house. I will however be attending other shows and events across America in the coming years so Chris will have plenty of opportunities to continue his temper tantrum.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I suppose I could take offense to all the personal comments and insults but I have had enough of them thrown at me for the past 25+ years to let them bounce off. (It has been awhile since I have heard the "Nazi" term though.)

I don't consider myself a control freak, however I think it can be said that you pretty much know where you stand with me and I don't sugar coat much. The issue of posers playing with their emergency equipment is not an issue that is reserved just for mustang ssp owners. Ask anyone who has been in the hobby of owning/restoring these types of vehicles and they can talk about the people they have seen engaging in embarassing, rude conduct across the country. This specific issue has been discussed within our circle over and over so it isn't anything new to anyone interested in preserving classic/antique emergency vehicles.

I think the video on you tube speaks for itself. Some may view it and believe it isn't a big deal. Some may view it and have the opinion it doesn't bode well for our hobby. In any event it is out there for the world to see and formulate an opinion about.

Due to the weather forcast I left the show yesterday at 1530 hours to come back to the house. I will however be attending other shows and events across America in the coming years so Chris will have plenty of opportunities to continue his temper tantrum.
Very well said, Jim. I'll add that since you put a gun and badge on every day, and fight the fight that others won't or can't (but sure do seem to want-to-be very badly), you will always have my respect as an LE brother.

Bill, thanks for taking care of the warning. I'm on my last day of vacation and just sat down at the airport for the flight home.

Chris, I concur with what Bill said and suggest that you take any further comments to PMs (no one here wants to see any of that). Jim posted an opinion of the behavior he observed , and not personal comments about individuals. It was not a personal attack on you, and any further personal attacks from you towards him, or anyone else here, will not be tolerated.

These cars aren't "toys". It's attitudes like that that tarnish "our" reputation with others in the Mustang hobby as a whole.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 06-26-2011, 04:04 PM
m200pilot
This message has been deleted by ImEvil1.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:05 PM
m200pilot
Old 06-26-2011, 04:05 PM
m200pilot
Old 06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
But don't be surprised if the .NET Staff (none of whom are Nazi's by the way ) decides that your violations of forum rules warrant being banned.
Heavens to Betsy!!!! Not that!! Whatever will I do?!!!

If you really want to hurt me, you should probably print out a copy of the forum rules... Then come over, roll it up, and poke me in they eye with it.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Admin

Quote:
Heavens to Betsy!!!! Not that!! Whatever will I do?!!!

If you really want to hurt me, you should probably print out a copy of the forum rules... Then come over, roll it up, and poke me in they eye with it.
Chris, you've officially been uninvited. Thanks for having a mature discussion on important issues. [/sarcasm] Maybe you'll have better luck on CrownVic.net with your "Batmobile".

Mods,

I've left the other, much worse ranting and name calling he wrote up above so you can review it. I'll finish deleting it tomorrow.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS

Last edited by 28HopUp; 06-26-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: I fixed your typo Mike :-)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks Mike. I know that you been busy traveling today, so I appreciate you taking the time to moderate this thread.

I think it's worth mentioning that the main page of this site clearly lists the Mission Statement as:

Dedicated to the promotion, protection, and restoration of
the 1982-1993 Special Service Police Mustang.

By "protection", that means it is incumbent upon any SSP owner (staffer or regular member) to call out questionable actions by others that may cause a negative perception of our hobby. Being critical of those actions isn't necessarily a personal attack on the individual; only those particular actions that were witnessed or posted on the forum(s). Once the issue is brought up, it SHOULD lead to an open discussion for the betterment of the hobby. Some actions are worse than others, but commentary is encouraged on .NET so we can preserve our hobby for future enthusiasts. If a member cannot conduct himself within the bounds of our forum rules, then it should come as no surprise when that member is banned. If you think that enforcing forum rules makes any .NET staffer a Nazi, then I have to wonder why you are interested in former police vehicles in the first place.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
By "protection", that means it is incumbent upon any SSP owner (staffer or regular member) to call out questionable actions by others that may cause a negative perception of our hobby. Being critical of those actions isn't necessarily a personal attack on the individual; only those particular actions that were witnessed or posted on the forum(s). Once the issue is brought up, it SHOULD lead to an open discussion for the betterment of the hobby. Some actions are worse than others, but commentary is encouraged on .NET so we can preserve our hobby for future enthusiasts. If a member cannot conduct himself within the bounds of our forum rules, then it should come as no surprise when that member is banned. If you think enforcing rules makes any .NET Staffer a Nazi, then I have to wonder why you are interested in former police vehicles in the first place.
Thanks, Bill. I wholeheartedly agree with what you wrote. If we don't police ourselves properly, we will continue to have to deal with negative perceptions (many are out there already) about the hobby, and possibly even stricter laws in states that have had problems with people who can't seem to conduct themselves in a professional manner.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-26-2011, 08:47 PM

this is a topic we have beat into the ground. 99% of people with old emergency vehicles understand the issue. Unfortunately we are left with dealing with the remaining 1%. We cannot control what they do, but we can show the world and let the world decide.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP