Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:58 PM

Well I used a company to bid on the car and I had a little higher bid than that.

But they forgot to place my bid and gave me an excuse that it didn't go through all the way?? Lol

Never use. Autobidmaster.com
Old 11-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookingfor1 View Post
Well I used a company to bid on the car and I had a little higher bid than that.

But they forgot to place my bid and gave me an excuse that it didn't go through all the way?? Lol

Never use. Autobidmaster.com
Hopefully they did not charge you?

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 11-22-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
Hopefully they did not charge you?

They charged me a deposit of 400.00 , the funny thing is the representative I talked to said well feel free to just bid on another car.

He said that he placed the 2300 bid to early? I guess during the preliminary... And said that it didn't fully go through.

The guy obviously just forgot to do it because I emailed them several times.

Because of the biohazard they had to have a representative manually bid for me.

Then he said it was to late to bid and I don't know how copart works but had I been able to bid myself it said right there on the screen place bid from 550 until it hit 1400
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20161122-122350.jpg (9.5 KB, 98 views)
Old 11-22-2016, 01:41 PM

Talking

But anyway if your buddy wanted to turn a quick profit let me know lol.

That car would have been cheaper , and more original than the Bob Daniels car I was looking at.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:53 PM

I appreciate the offer and sorry you had issues with the broker but Bobby knows I have been hunting another Ga car for quite awhile so this one I'll have to hang on to. I have an 85 FHP car that I had picked up earlier this year but it will go on the back burner while we jump on the Georgia car time permitting as I have a 69 Indy 500 Pace Car on the jig in the shop now in a million pieces. Going to get it cleaned up and access it first and then get the mechanicals in shape before we do the paint and body on it.

From my understanding because this car had a clear title an individual could not bid on it rather than the bio hazard part. Bids had to be placed through a licensed auto dealer, parts dismantler or a broker.

I almost tried to make a deal on the one he had found at Moultrie but it was a bigger job then I wanted to tackle and just further then I cared to drive.

After these two cars are done I wouldn't mind finding a CHP to round out the trio but not even considering it right now.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:00 PM

I completely understand. I was looking at an 88 but the cowl was damaged and it's been 5 lugged cowl hood seats changed.

And he wanted more than the 2300 I put as my top bid. And yes the company I used to bid obviously have me a good reason to take my first road trip to Oregon if they don't refund every penny I wasted for there piss poor bidding or lack of.

Congrats! On the purchase
Old 11-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Bobby Edwards

If this hadn't been such a short notice on all of us, there is no telling what it might have brought at auction LOL... I personally believe this was a great deal. Sorry about your troubles Brent, but at least the car was saved... After all that's what it's all about...

Save of the year !!!

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

Old 11-22-2016, 03:16 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
If this hadn't been such a short notice on all of us, there is no telling what it might have brought at auction LOL... I personally believe this was a great deal. Sorry about your troubles Brent, but at least the car was saved... After all that's what it's all about...

Save of the year !!!
I know, I thought it would bring a bit more. Man it's exciting to find them in that condition though. I still love the 1993 fhp I have and have been ordering stuff for it.

But yes at least somebody got it with good intentions.

I'm still new to the SSP so everyone I see that's relatively cheap I feel like I gotta have it lol. When in all reality I need to finish the 1993 fhp I had just bought last month.

Bobby sometime after the holiday if I can get the car up there I'd love to see where I'm at bodywork and paint price wise.

If you have some time next week I'll throw it on trailer and ride up that way. Thanks
Old 11-22-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I know, I thought it would bring a bit more. Man it's exciting to find them in that condition though. I still love the 1993 fhp I have and have been ordering stuff for it.

But yes at least somebody got it with good intentions.

I'm still new to the SSP so everyone I see that's relatively cheap I feel like I gotta have it lol. When in all reality I need to finish the 1993 fhp I had just bought last month.
Agreed, what they did to my 85 FHP car prior to me saving it is just hideous. late model nose, hood and quarter windows and then painted the whole car bright yellow. Since it is one of only 66 in 85 it is worth saving and right now just picking up a part here and there as I find them.

I'm like Bobby though in that it pains me to see that car at Moultrie in the shape it was. Still savable or a good restomod at a cost though.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:01 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:

Bobby sometime after the holiday if I can get the car up there I'd love to see where I'm at bodywork and paint price wise.

If you have some time next week I'll throw it on trailer and ride up that way. Thanks
You bet!