Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

We should know more the first of next week. I expect the car to be delivered to me then.

I will post detailed pictures when I receive the car.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:36 PM

The car has now shipped from Colorado. I expect delivery the first of the week.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 AM

The car arrived first thing this morning.

Here is a link to pictures of the car. The first grouping of pictures are from the web and pictures the seller sent me prior to purchase of the car.

The last 130+ pictures are of the car as it arrived this morning in all its glory.

Enjoy!

http://www.fototime.com/inv/302CD6C6B8429F0
Old 12-02-2008, 02:18 PM

That is a pretty cool car, sould be a pleasure for anyone to own, congrates,
enjoy.
BTW dont you hate when you get a new toy and it 35 degrees outside!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:55 PM

Vintage Racer was nice enough to let me take a look at his '82 CHP car tonight and it was very impressive. Super straight and super original, the car has a few interesting features to it. The spot lights have a crest of sorts on them that say FOMOCO in the Ford script and they are painted black over the chrome, the odometer is a certified 140mph however it is not the green numbered '82 only speedo, it has cruise, and only one buck tag the he said he would post a picture of. It also did have the rocker moldings. Original siren is present along with the remnant of what was maybe the metal bar hanging off the rear bumper in some of the pics. Whether there were 1, 2, or ?? many cars that wore the 1963 plate, this appears that it is probably one of them at least. This is really an awesome car.
Hopefully more documentation will surface on this car along with some folks who might have some information on some of the rest of our CHP cars. Keep us posted Mike.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:32 AM

My crappy camera will not take close up pictures of the tag however here is the information listed on the tag. The information is listed in its correct location on the tag as best I am able to list it here.

MUSTANG
148027 66B F 0446
1CC DF ST
AC 02 HB S
RM DL MOD 05
ELECTRIC-A NLR

Also there is a large font "S" stamped crooked that partially covers the "E" in Electric.

There is also large font "AL" stamped crooked just barely in front of the "NLR" stamp on the tag.

Both the large font "S" and the "NLR" are of the same font size that is about 1 1/2 times as large as the the other fonts.

EDIT

Althought I type in the information in the proper location, the size repositions the information. I have tried several times to get the information in the correct location which it is when I edit however the site changes everything.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Would some of you that own a 1982 CHP Mustang post a picture of your door sticker or at a minimum post the date of production of your car and the last 6 VIN numbers of your car?

Were the 406 1982 CHP Mustangs batch built at one time? If so what month?

If the 406 CHP 1982 were not batch built but were built over several months, what month were the first cars built?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 01:46 PM

Not 100% sure about the initial '82 CHP cars but we do know that in general SSPs were not built in batches but were interspersed with regular models on the assembly line and were limited to a build of 15 per day. This was done because they were special order cars that required significant extra assembly time and Ford was concerned about bogging the whole Mustang line down if too many were scheduled in a single day.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 12-08-2008, 05:06 PM

I looked over at the VIN registry on .org. This listing shows that the VIN's for 82 CHP cars were in the 200,000+ area and were all consecutive VIN numbers.

I understand the 406 CHP cars were made starting in June 1982. I would like to see a door tag from one of those cars to confirm the build date.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageracer View Post
I looked over at the VIN registry on .org. This listing shows that the VIN's for 82 CHP cars were in the 200,000+ area and were all consecutive VIN numbers.

I understand the 406 CHP cars were made starting in June 1982. I would like to see a door tag from one of those cars to confirm the build date.
06/82 I'm also thinking about moving this thread to the '82-'86 section. Since it's sold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dskindergarten047pb8X.JPG (76.9 KB, 81 views)
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/