Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:03 PM

Default 91 NC SSP ultra clean !

this is my co-workers car , he purchased it a few months back .
91 NC black ssp with all blood red int , auto , 109k miles , retired in 08 i think?
this car is in prestine condition !!!! the interior looks better than day 1, with NOT a single equip mounting hole on the entire int ???? the car is very very original but 1 muffler and the previous owner replaced the front bumper due to rock chips (aftermarket front bumper ) looking to fit an original back on .
ssp91ssp
posting this along with pics so he gets off his butt and becomes a member to this site .

Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 AM

One sweet looking car! What's the story on the white one in the background of the first photo?

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Old 03-24-2010, 08:16 AM

That is Hectors Colorado car.

Tom
Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 AM

That is a great color combo IMO. And yes, tell him to get moving and join the forum. I'm no expert on NC cars, so let me ask a question - Are the antennae the same as used originally on the car while in-service?

Thanks for posting pics. You need to post some pics of both cars together.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989 Tx DPS SSP View Post
That is Hectors Colorado car.

Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadair View Post
One sweet looking car! What's the story on the white one in the background of the first photo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
That is a great color combo IMO. And yes, tell him to get moving and join the forum. I'm no expert on NC cars, so let me ask a question - Are the antennae the same as used originally on the car while in-service?

thanks guys!!
the white car in the background is my DSO 23 SSP Arkansas (west memphis)?
can't find ANY info on that car ???? have yet to see another DSO 23 car ?
my white Colorado SSP stays in the building , they are kinda nice to me here at work .
As far as the antenna's , i want to say they are not orig ??? it looked way too plain and my buddy added them for that killer look it now sports .

I agree on a together pic !!! very much so ...
maybe this wknd ? and i will post them ..

this NC SSP came with a 1" thick fleet service folder , laminated copy of orig title . As far as i can tell it's all unmolested other than the re-paint / front bumper which is going back to OEM bumper soon .

ssp91ssp
Old 03-24-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post

Nice car and we need your friend to join.

I'll start this off by saying that certainly most agencies had variations. However re: the antenna questions, I have not seen any NCSHP SSP's with these antennas or that setup reflected. In addition these are not consistent with what I learned in my research with the NCHSP. I wonder if this SSP was used by another Department after the NCSHP?

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 03-24-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOstang View Post
Nice car and we need your friend to join.

I'll start this off by saying that certainly most agencies had variations. However re: the antenna questions, I have not seen any NCSHP SSP's with these antennas or that setup reflected. In addition these are not consistent with what I learned in my research with the NCHSP. I wonder if this SSP was used by another Department after the NCSHP?
Mike,
I looked at the fleet maint records on this car and they are from the same shop until 08. The antennas/black wheels were added by my buddy due to the plain look . I have found NO signs of any equip on this car front to back ?
i have an email put together to send to NC n see if we get some info ?

thanks all
ssp91ssp
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
Mike,
I looked at the fleet maint records on this car and they are from the same shop until 08. The antennas/black wheels were added by my buddy due to the plain look . I have found NO signs of any equip on this car front to back ?
i have an email put together to send to NC n see if we get some info ?
Hi Hector - As a general rule the NCSHP did not put holes in the dash. The transmission hump, however, should have holes for where the radio stand and the radio speaker was mounted...will have to feel around in the carpet on the passenger side. If you look around my Fotki album you'll be able to see in various locations where these items were mounted. The equipment setup changed slightly over the years and I don't believe we have any interior pics in-service from a 1991 NCSHP SSP.

The only close up (in-service) interior pics we have are of a 1989 NCSHP unmarked black exterior with red interior that is making use of VASCAR and the 1993 NCSHP marked that I took photos of last week (others members had supplied me with photos in/out of it before too). In some cases with other exterior photos of in-service NCSHP you can make out some of the equipment. In the case of those using, a VASCAR bracket (and VASCAR) was mounted over the emergency brake. In that case the car will have a hole in that location (my 1990 marked NCSHP is an example of having had that hole in addition to the others mentioned above). If your friend's SSP does not have that hole by the emergency brake, a good assumption would be that they did not use VASCAR in that car and likely had the interior setup to match the 1993 NCSHP SSPs. By looking at the detailed photos in my Fotki album I took last week of the 1993 NCSHP SSP still owned by the NCSHP you'll get a good sense for the radio stand (made custom for the NCHSP by the NC Department of Corrections). Unfortunately they do not have any more of those lying around.

As for radio antennas, they used a bracket that attached on the inside "edge" of the trunk itself. Essentially an "L" shaped bracket. If you turn that "L" upside down that would the the shape. It attached with self tapping screws and then the antenna mounted on the horizontal part of the "L" keeping that part of the bracekt and the antenna base slightly off of the trunk lid. Again no holes into the top of the trunk just small hole(s) in the track the trunk lid closes into. Pictures of this documented in my Fotki with very close up photos from last week of the 1993 SSP the NCSHP still owns.

I still have 1 or 2 of the NCHSP History & Restoration Guidebooks, which is 47 (if memory serves me correct) color pages professionally coil bound. The Guidebook details the incredible amound of information I have learned about these from my NCSHP contact. Send me (or have your friend join and send me a PM) if interested in buying. Hope the info above helps!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 PM

Mike,
Thanks for all the great info !!
I will raise the car at work and take a look underneath for mounting holes like i did on my CSP ...
looks like this car was used in a town called Kernersville NC.

I forgot to mention the NO extra ground straps ! ? is this common?
a few more pics .
when the car arrived .

ssp91ssp
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 AM

MOstang,
I just view'd my buddy's NC SSP on the lift, NOT a single equip mounting hole on this car period ????? double checked interior also ... nothing ???

I do have an email into NC , let's see what that turns up ???
even my USPS SSP shows several signs of equip.... I fully understand that NOT all ssp's were equip'd the same but this NC is for sure .....ODD ! ??

ssp91ssp