Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 PM

Default New SSP owner from PA

Hey

New first time ssp owner, not new to the pony scene though as ive had 6 the past few years.

My current ride is a calypso green 92lx coupe with low miles and real clean. Its the love of my life.

Anyway Im always watching the web for something fun and ive been wanting an ssp car for years now so I made the plunge. I bought the 88 New York SP car that was just on ebay, as seen here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item2c714e653e

I spent some time on the phone with the seller and he said aside from the floor the body is clean and solid and with some work the paint could be nice. Fingers crossed thats the case. Im in the process of a 5 lug swap, front and rear control arms, suspension, etc. On my 92 and all the stock parts are extremely clean and rust free so I think I will be using all those parts to freshen up the underside. So I really just hoping for a mostly solid body.

Anyway id like to restore her to its duty days. If anyone could inform me on the police equipment it may have had I would appreciate it. Im scheduling the pick up soon so let me know what you guys think I got myself into!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:55 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Congrats on the new SSP and welcome to the site! Keep us up to date on the resto!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 08-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Congrats on the new SSP, and welcome! I live less than an hour away from you, in Newark, DE. By chance, were you able to go to the American Muscle car show this weekend? I was not able to caravan up there this year.

Please post up more pictures of your NY Mustang once you get it. I hope that the rust is not too severe and you are able to restore the car.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Mustangoholic

Welcome Aboard !!!!

MCA Member