Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2017, 10:19 PM

Time for an update?? After the under hood paintwork was complete and Mustangpro (Chris) let me assist him with dropping the engine in from Delmer the ’83 donor car, Jim took possession of the FHP once again. This past May, Chris dropped me a line and we even chatted about the FHP a bit. The universe was hard at work because a few days later I got a message from Jim gauging my interest in the car. Needless to say, Jim delivered it to my door a short time later. The last 3 months have been spent hatching a plan on how to get this old girl back on the road.

When I had the FHP 8 years ago, I was naïve as to the amount of work it really required. Well, it needs pretty much everything! Fortunately for me - but mainly the FHP, Chris expressed interest in working on it and as of yesterday, the car is with him.

Name the part and it’s got a replacement ready or en route. Whatever time Chris can find to complete work on the car, I’ll be thankful for. After the mechanicals are sorted, a trip to the body shop in is order for some magic to be worked on the paint. My wallet has provided the willpower to stick to purchases that are mechanical in nature but there’s a lengthy list of pretty parts necessary when the time comes.

Thanks Jim and thank you, Chris. This is an important SSP to the hobby and it’s time to bring it back in all its bubble gum light glory!

Arriving in May:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FHP11.jpg (88.6 KB, 137 views)