Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by faslane View Post
I will keep to myself from now on, the statement above is what set me off, saying "dealer trying to gouge" I think, and everyone will agree is borderline "name calling" and from a moderator?

As far as the car and price, I think the Idaho 86 car is reaching 3k. with no steel wheels and caps, and it would be safe to say you would have to do half the work to it, that has already been done to the FHP. I assume most would prefer the FHP, it may sell? And I have never meet Vintagracer, dont know the guy sorry.
Lane
Lane,

The guy bought the car for somewhere near $1800 (I'd guess less). Are you trying to say that he's put anywhere near $3000 worth of work into it?

The Idaho car, which is extremely rare (not that I care, I buy my cars because I like them) is being sold by someone who isn't affliated with either site that we know of. The seller would originally have taken closer to 2K for it, per members that have called about it. It's obviously going for more for that. You know the whole story about demand for something. We have no idea what was originally paid for the car, but the asking price certainly wasn't anywhere near $5K.

No one is asking you to keep to yourself, but to defend someone who you don't even know, based on your perception of what is "name calling", seems a bit odd to me. The way you did it doesn't work here. Send (or respond) to a PM and you would have gotten it figured out without the mess.

That FHP car, as it sits, is a $3K car all day long. These things aren't gold coins or winning lottery tickets.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faslane View Post
And I have never meet Vintagracer, dont know the guy sorry.
Lane
That's not what I heard.

Dedicated to the promotion, protection, and restoration of the 1982-1993 Special Service Police Mustang.

Who doesn't get it? I don't see the word exploitation in there. Buying an SSP to keep it from getting it raced out is protection. Buying an SSP for cheap and flipping it on ebay to the highest bidder is exploitation.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.