Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

He was trying to pull $1900.00 off of your sell, lol.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Here is a link to some pics I found on the corral for sale ad. http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/p...ane5/87%20UHP/ What I don't understand is why a member will put it for sale on other sites, but not a ssp one.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 07-21-2009, 07:01 PM

To many negative opinions on this site, but it is a damn good place to buy a good car for the money (for me).
Lane
Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faslane View Post
To many negative opinions on this site, but it is a damn good place to buy a good car for the money (for me).
Lane
Negative opinions of what?

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faslane View Post
Lane

yeh....we don't put up with the bull shit here.... thats for sure. Naturally when we run off the latest bullshitter it appears negative but it makes this site an enjoyable place to hang out. We encourage those that are unhappy to go elsewhere. We also encourage participating members here to list their cars at decent prices. We try to keep them in the hands of another SSP enthusiast, and not list them all on ebay because sometimes it isn't just about the money.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 PM

I still get puzzled about the Ebay statements for selling these cars. Nowadays, it is not the boy racers that buy them off of ebay unless they are dirt cheap, and if it was dirt cheap, I bet 99% of the time a member from either board will buy it. Keep it for awhile and then sell it. Hell, we are all guilty of it. I am sorry, but I also go other routes to sell my cars as well. To be honest, posting on either site kind of limits your audience for selling these cars. I have only ever sold 1 SSP to a member of either board, the rest have been other places such as ebay, craigslist, auto-trader etc. 90% of the people on either board already have SSP's so it is normally a tough sell in my opinion. My Winslow car went to a police car collector in Tucson off of Ebay with no idea these sites exist and the USFWS went to a Fox Mustang collector mom and son in FL, who somehow found it on .org. Not trying to piss on anyones Cheerio's but sometimes it almost appears to me that some members believe that we should give them away to each other.

Now, when someone is "gouging" interest in selling a members car to one of the boards like in this case, I agree 100%. Boot the tool. Funniest thing I have seen, we all wish making money was that easy, lol.

Bottom line, it is about the money unless your Goodwill and good luck with the sale of your car Lane. Love the 87's, they are my favorite.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992b4c View Post
Not trying to piss on anyones Cheerio's but sometimes it almost appears to me that some members believe that we should give them away to each other.
I don't believe we should give our cars away to each other either. The only issue I have is that I believe we should at least offer the cars for sale here to let members get the first opportunity at the car. If there is no interest or offers after a couple of days then by all means go whichever route gets it sold. The members here all have a common interest which are these cars. I have never sold an SSP on Ebay. I have only listed one on ebay in the past 14 years of owning them. In the past years I have bought a few cars that I have used as trade material for another one I wanted, and I have sold some because I had to many (five 1986 cars at one time). I just always took the time to let other members know it was for sale prior to putting it on ebay. I sold or traded them all and didn't have to list them. I don't know if I could have got more on ebay but I have always been happy with the prices I have sold the cars for here.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 PM

Its always easier for you Jim, you collected a car lot full of different flavors .
Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 PM

yes.....I have many different "projects" to keep me busy till I am a hundred....

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-21-2009, 11:17 PM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992b4c View Post
I still get puzzled about the Ebay statements for selling these cars. Nowadays, it is not the boy racers that buy them off of ebay unless they are dirt cheap, and if it was dirt cheap, I bet 99% of the time a member from either board will buy it. Keep it for awhile and then sell it. Hell, we are all guilty of it. I am sorry, but I also go other routes to sell my cars as well. To be honest, posting on either site kind of limits your audience for selling these cars. I have only ever sold 1 SSP to a member of either board, the rest have been other places such as ebay, craigslist, auto-trader etc. 90% of the people on either board already have SSP's so it is normally a tough sell in my opinion. My Winslow car went to a police car collector in Tucson off of Ebay with no idea these sites exist and the USFWS went to a Fox Mustang collector mom and son in FL, who somehow found it on .org. Not trying to piss on anyones Cheerio's but sometimes it almost appears to me that some members believe that we should give them away to each other.

Now, when someone is "gouging" interest in selling a members car to one of the boards like in this case, I agree 100%. Boot the tool. Funniest thing I have seen, we all wish making money was that easy, lol.

Bottom line, it is about the money unless your Goodwill and good luck with the sale of your car Lane. Love the 87's, they are my favorite.
I realize some people have to sell there ssp for financial reasons but I have got rid of 2 wifes and still have my 1985 CHP LOL LOL. My car is valuable to me. I wish people would purchase the remaining ssps out there and KEEP THEM.
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/