Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Admin

Default One last time....

First off....thanks to those who PM'd or called (or both) offering thanks and support for this website. Your participation (and friendship) is appreciated.

I did receive one call, though, that was disturbing. It was the one complaining about the post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP55@.ORG View Post
I want to thank the many members who expressed support for my opening statement in the post through PM's , posts, e-mails and phone calls. It was not intended to inflame...but to make things better for participants and get away from the cycle of negativity that raises up with some regularity. The same statement was posted on both SSP sites. I made several behind the scenes efforts over the past few months to heal the rifts with members of .NET from a position of mutual respect. Those efforts failed.
I come here because I love the cars and the people. I look forward to meeting more of you in 2008. I am going to go to the EVOOA Show in NV...and Mustang National Show in Utah with the hopes of meeting some of the West Coast gang. I will continue to support the SSMOA. I plan dinners at major shows I attend in 2008 for ALL SSP owners...regardless of the site/group you belong to.
That said..lets move forward..and upward....enjoy the Board, treat all with mutual respect and courtesy...and post as if you were going to post on the front page of your local newspaper.
This was posted on the .ORG website earlier today. I have kept most of what I'm about to say to myself, but I'm getting sick of seeing these comments and issues perpetuated.

I had a personal difference with Mike R., which was an issue between Mike and I related to content and moderation of his website. Mike and I discussed this via telephone, PM, and email, and it was NEVER a public issue. Mike MADE it a very public issue, on the board, when he removed me as a mod there, took down the forums for FOUR days, and booted me off for a few days because I REFUSED TO TALK WITH HIM any further about those issues. Mike claimed that the forums were down for "maintenance", which isn't true. Mike used the website, and my membership there, as a means to attempt to force me to talk with him about issues that I had no intention of discussing further with him.
Period and end of story.

The "cycle of negativity" you mention, David, usually arises when Mike upsets someone with his actions. Recently, these have included selective deleting of posts due to personal issues (his prerogative I suppose as Admin/Mod), false claims to be a law enforcement officer (apalling to most real LEOs, and NOT what this hobby needs whatsoever..we have a hard enough time as it is), or personal attacks on others, usually in a passive-agressive manner. I know you are aware of his repeated attempts to get Jim Y. fired up on .ORG a few weeks ago (you thanked him for being the bigger person and not getting into with Mike), but has Mike mentioned to you that he called Jim Y. up and left him a profanity-filled voice-message expressing his displeasure with Jim? I heard it...it was very uncalled for.

There is no "rift" or conflict between the websites, and there never has been. I attempted to resolve my issues with Mike long ago, and there is no reason to make further attempts at doing so. I realized that I was dealing with a person who can't admit when he's wrong, doesn't know how to apologize, and can't seem to take responsibility for any of his actions. Therefore, your "behind the scenes" efforts were unwarranted and I certainly didn't feel there was "mutual respect" when the PMs I answered were not returned (on more than one occasion).

David, you posted your response on .NET in an attempt at sticking up for Mike, which is something that a good friend does, and I'm OK with that. However, your post contained attacks on many members of both websites, whether you realized it or not, irregardless of your intentions. I am sure that Mike appreciates it, but many others didn't, which is probably why you received some of the PMs that you did. It's not about taking sides, David, because there aren't sides to take. It's about doing what's right, no matter what. Trying to force someone to talk to you isn't right....claiming to be a police officer when you aren't one certainly isn't right. Neither are many, many other things that don't need to be posted or said, because it's just not worth the effort. I was once in your position, both as mod on his site, and as a friend to Mike. I hope he ends up treating you better than he ended up treating me.

I am done discussing this. I'm asking everyone to please refrain from any further negativity, and I hope we can put this issue to rest and move on.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Closed Thread