Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Admin

Default 1982 CHP #0559 For Sale

I'm reorganizing my collection a bit, and I'm also still in the process of remodelling my new-to-me house, so at least one SSP has to go. I may end up listing another before it's all said and done, but for now, here goes:

I’d like to keep the car and parts together, if possible, and I hope that it stays in the group.

1982 CHP Mustang #0559. The car went into service in May ’83 and was decommissioned in May ’85, with about 85K miles on it. The car was reportedly sold, still black and white, to a Special Agent with a Federal agency who was stationed out in CA at the time. He took it to cruise-ins/shows/etc. The second owner bought it from him a few years later, still black and white, and painted it. He used it as a weekend cruiser. I am the third owner (2006).

The car is extremely original, and is probably one of the lowest-mileage ’82 SSPs in existence (119K). The interior is in great shape, and many areas just need detailing/respraying/etc. to be really nice again. The package tray was cut for aftermarket speakers, so it needs to be replaced, as does the dash pad and the trim around the steering column. The complete set of CHP lap belts are still in the car. The original, “herring-bone” vinyl headliner is still in the car, but it is sagging and could use to be replaced as well. The car obviously needs paint, and has a few dings from a hail storm that hit during owner #2’s time with it. The driver’s side rear vinyl top molding is still on the car…passenger side is missing, but the rivets are still on the quarter. These are what Ford used at the factory for the paint break between black and white. The car ran great when I parked it, but it has been sitting for a while and the carb needs a little TLC. Mechanically, it also needs motor mounts, a water pump (starting to leak), and an AC leak traced and repaired. I planned on just pulling the engine, completely changing out the seals and detailing it.

The original build sheet was still taped up behind the rear quarter trim when I bought the car. That’s included, as is an original registration certificate showing the unit/plate number and a copy of the CHP assignment card. The card copy is from a fax, and is not the best quality. The original card is still somewhere at CHP. The build sheet is posted on the tech section of our website here:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...82chpbuild.jpg

The Parts:

Motorola Micor CHP Radio-including rear tray, GE repeater, correct control head, and a correct microphone. The rear tray and repeater still have CHP property stickers on them. The microphone needs to be restored, but I can throw in an NOS mic to be used as a donor. Also includes the rear coupler box for the antenna, the rear antenna mount (no mast), and the correct "whip clip".

Federal CC1 control head, including a working MPA2 amplifier and original control cable. Also includes a correct, original NOS Unitrol microphone.

PAR46 rear red and amber lights, restored and sold to me by Rob Read, and mounted on the correct, restored bracket for the '82.

Shotgun rack/Roxster light, also restored by Rob Read. The rack does NOT have the correct Mustang bracket. Also included is a spare, unrestored rack, correct for a Crown Vic.

Refurb'd Unity S6 spotlight heads....also from Rob Read. These are like NOS, with the correct red (dual-filament) bulb.

NOS Unitrol headlight flasher.

Correct Regency scanner, with power cord and mounting bracket.

CHP first aid kit with bracket.
Correct fire extinguisher.

Used CHP gear (medical) bag.

New CHP-style wooden organizer for trunk.

Complete set of original, Vitachrome door decals and the correct rear deck lettering.

As far as NOS Ford parts, here is the list:
6 hub caps.
4 trim rings.
2 Sun visors.
Master Cylinder.
Catalytic Convertor.
2-barrel carb (damaged in shipment but still NOS-needs minor repair).
Gas cap.
Steering wheel.
Hood ornament.
Turn signal/horn stalk.
RH taillight.

I also have an original upper radiator hose from a low-mileage car and a used RH taillight, and a few miscellaneous items from CHP that I will throw in.

Pics of everything are located here:

http://s299.beta.photobucket.com/use...2%20CHP%200559

I’m asking $8500 for everything. Feel free to PM or email with any questions or requests for additional pictures.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-13-2013, 09:48 AM

Wow! You sure have a lot of the equipment and NOS parts included with that car, Mike. GLWS!!!

EDIT:
Here is the VIN Page for this car - http://www.specialservicemustang.net...85/213285.html

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 03-13-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: added a link
Old 03-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Admin

Thanks, Bill. I forgot that the assignment card was on that page.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 03-13-2013, 12:06 PM

Did that car serve area 365 or 565 I can't read it.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10608 View Post
Did that car serve area 365 or 565 I can't read it.
I believe it's 365, Solano. MustangKid confirmed that via the paperwork his Dad has on drivetrain failures.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 PM

Hmmm, I need that driver's seat, the equipment, I'll take that steering wheel, one of those, two of them, and, and, and...

It's great to finally see this beauty. Very few of us have been lucky enough to get cars as original as this. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM

I have seen this one in person and without a doubt it is one of the best 82 CHP cars out there. The interior on this car is incredible. Just waiting to be restored and everything is there to do that. Hate to see you selling it Mike but I understand there is a limit to how much we can do. Good luck with the sale. I think it is worth every penny.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 03-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp1982 View Post
Hmmm, I need that driver's seat, the equipment, I'll take that steering wheel, one of those, two of them, and, and, and...

It's great to finally see this beauty. Very few of us have been lucky enough to get cars as original as this. Best of luck with the sale.
Thanks. It took me awhile to find everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I have seen this one in person and without a doubt it is one of the best 82 CHP cars out there. The interior on this car is incredible. Just waiting to be restored and everything is there to do that. Hate to see you selling it Mike but I understand there is a limit to how much we can do. Good luck with the sale. I think it is worth every penny.
Thanks. Big head start for someone wanting to restore one. I hate to do it, but I need to take care of a few things here and get the '85 FHP going again, too.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Admin

Listed on eBay this AM.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...item4ac2e4bd19

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 03-30-2013, 12:38 PM

Looks good, Mike. FYI - some of your links in the description of the ebay ad were shortened and do not work.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!