Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:28 PM

There is a fine line in making a car too nice. Once they pass that point, you do feel guilty exposing the hard work to the elements. Keep looking. There are deals to be had.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:30 PM

i paid 60.00 a month for a 10 x 20 storage garage for that very reason. Not wanting a nice car to sit outside.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 12-05-2009, 06:53 PM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

Trust me the people who rebuilt that car did an excellent job on her... I don't want to have it sit and all of their work go to waste. I want the car nice.. I would love to have it and could have it... But they made that car above showroom and it should be treated that way. I am in the future looking into moving and having a house with a garage or pole barn to store these cars... Right now that is what holding me back from having a fleet of collectable cars.. Oh the 'Stangs that I have owned and had gave up.... Truth be told I was going to buy John's car for the sheer selfish fact to just have a brand new 1991 SSP that needs nothing.. But then I thought about the fact that I would deprive someone else of this fine mark on history... So I will find one hat is less then perfect that I can work on and if I do finnaly get the dream garage the fleet will be secure and safe from the elements... I thank you guys for the help and understanding and I truly hope to join you if I can find an acceptable speciman to join your ranks. It may be the black 1991 or another one that I may find... Time will tell... Any more for sale nearby me?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:08 AM

money is tight for me too.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:38 AM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

Actually my friend the money is not an issue...Its leaving a beautiful car outside that someone spent many hours on to make it very special. Its like spending months on your front lawn and garden to have someone come up and throw trash on it and let there dog pee on it.... Thats wat it is all about. These gentleman spent many hours restoring this car and it wasn't to have it sit outside with the elements eating away at it... I would love someone to buy John's car that can keep it pristine for the future... Maybe I am a dreamer but that is how I feel.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 PM

not buying because its TOO nice. Thats a new one.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSVT View Post
If you don't have anything constructive to add, why even open your mouth?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
1991 Retired Govt. SSP

Well maybe if you really knew what I was about you would understand me... Sometimes you have to think outside the box... But yes because its too nice and I really appreciate the beauty in things... It can be in nature or fine works of art... This '91 is a fine work of art. Someone brought it back to its original beauty to be admired... Not for me to park it in my driveway and cover it up and let the elements eat away at it..... As for it being a new one not wanting to "buy it because its too nice" Well sometimes you have to look past the trees to see the forrest....
Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSVT View Post
I totally agree with ajstoys63. I've got two young kids at home. If I had a really nice car with a pristine, show car paint job, and it got scratched from one of their toys... I would go bonkers. My mind is more at ease with a worn paint job and tarnished interior...even though I park it indoors.

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoys63 View Post
Well maybe if you really knew what I was about you would understand me... Sometimes you have to think outside the box... But yes because its too nice and I really appreciate the beauty in things... It can be in nature or fine works of art... This '91 is a fine work of art. Someone brought it back to its original beauty to be admired... Not for me to park it in my driveway and cover it up and let the elements eat away at it..... As for it being a new one not wanting to "buy it because its too nice" Well sometimes you have to look past the trees to see the forrest....

It is a great car AJ. But only you can decide if it is something you want. Don't let the negative attitude get you down. Just keep looking till you find the car that fits the bill for you. There are plenty of nice drivers that come up periodically.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP