Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM

Default Big News! 1982 SSP Research

As many SSP enthusiasts know, doing research on these cars is a huge aspect of the hobby. Being able to track down the history of a specific vehicle can be extremely rewarding. So imagine my enthusiasm when I discovered a shocking revelation about all of the 1982 SSP Mustangs!

I have always wondered about the speculation surrounding the wording of the original SSP Mustangs. It's been reported that the original SSP's were called Severe Service Package cars, and in 1983 the name was changed to Special Service Package. We've all taken that as fact for a long time, and there hasn't been anything to prove or disprove the claim conclusively. The wording on the 1982 buck tags did not spell out the option. Even Ford's own advertising back then did not directly identify the 1982 CHP Mustangs as SSP's.

As most of us know, Kevin Marti at Marti Auto Works is selling Deluxe Marti Reports for any 1969 - 1986 Ford Mustang. These reports generated by Marti are available to anyone interested in obtaining a copy (a non-owner can buy one). Thankfully, we are starting to see copies of the Deluxe Marti Reports being published. Attached is a copy of a Deluxe Marti Report on Jim Young's 1982 SSP Mustang.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mart82chp.pdf (580.8 KB, 54 views)