Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 01-11-2021, 05:25 PM

Question TX SSP - any up for sale?

Just curious has there been any TX SSP units up for sale recently?

Please don’t mind the question here - because I don’t and have never been a member of any FB or IG sites, so unfortunately I don’t have that means of insider info. I also don’t have any interest in joining such platforms.

I’ve checked the normal channels such as this site, the “other” site, Craigslist (only local), eBay, multiple Fox Mustang and other Mustang forums that I belong to and try hitting up other sites like cargurus, etc.

If there’s other sites to check, can someone please IM me or post here?
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP
Old 01-14-2021, 01:19 PM

I'll keep an eye out for any TxDPS cars posted in those other places and post up the details. Are you looking for a project, turn-key, or in-between?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-15-2021, 12:48 PM

There is a 1989 ex-Texas SSP currently on Ebay. It was previously for sale in Rio Grande (Wildwood area) and Clayton here in NJ. See more info below in Cars for sale section.
Old 01-15-2021, 12:57 PM

UGH!!!!
Old 01-17-2021, 02:11 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I'll keep an eye out for any TxDPS cars posted in those other places and post up the details. Are you looking for a project, turn-key, or in-between?
Hi Bill,

Well, this was the one I was interested in. The member on here who had it on here had listed it on Corral for sale last year. I reached out to him on Corral, but never heard anything back, then it was gone... I don’t know who bought it, if it’s still in PA or if that person who now owns it is even on here of the FB page or if anyone knows where it may be now.

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=6838

The white one on eBay, I can’t seem to get any real info on it. It has been posted here in the classifieds several times, but I question the rear roll bar and the fact that there’s no info as to which TX Agency used it and for what purpose. Yes, it has TX BUCs still attached but how does one know or find out which agency it was really assigned to, to confirm it was actually in-service?

I’ve been a member on here for years, I know about Roman’s TX DPS research and his old link attached to this site and have followed many TX DPS threads through the years... but I’ve never seen anyone on here with a TX DPS unit that had an actual roll bar in it - and I’ve always seen just the “black-n-whites” that members have found or restored (86-93).
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP
Old 01-17-2021, 08:44 AM

In terms of the rollbar, I remember seeing photos of some 1983 TxDPS units that had them. I don't know about latter year cars.

I kinda remember that 93 TxDPS. The new owner may be on one of the social media sites now.

The full story behind that white 89 car is a mystery. It does say TEXAS on the Buck Tag and it is at the beginning of a batch of VINs with confirmed TxDPS cars. It may or may not have been used by TxDPS. Or perhaps another agency in Texas? I would want to put my eyes on it before shelling out the kind of money the seller wants. We are seeing several instances where SSP Mustangs are selling for >$20K yet the cars are incorrectly restored (some are not even "restored" but are merely freshened up). So buyer beware.

Goof luck on your search, Phil!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-17-2021, 03:05 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
In terms of the rollbar, I remember seeing photos of some 1983 TxDPS units that had them. I don't know about latter year cars.

I kinda remember that 93 TxDPS. The new owner may be on one of the social media sites now.

The full story behind that white 89 car is a mystery. It does say TEXAS on the Buck Tag and it is at the beginning of a batch of VINs with confirmed TxDPS cars. It may or may not have been used by TxDPS. Or perhaps another agency in Texas? I would want to put my eyes on it before shelling out the kind of money the seller wants. We are seeing several instances where SSP Mustangs are selling for >$20K yet the cars are incorrectly restored (some are not even "restored" but are merely freshened up). So buyer beware.

Goof luck on your search, Phil!
Hi Bill,

Yes, if you spot any or hear any leads on the other social platforms, please do post here or PM me on here. I do visit the SSP FB page, but I can only see what is there - can’t read the convos or replies because I don’t belong to FB or IG.

I do keep watching here too.

The white 1989 TX - funny, I was searching through the old classifieds on here for TX units and it was a few years ago this car was initially posted on here as an FYI.... by.... me... !! LOL! It’s actually been posted on this site 2 prior times during the years. It does seem like a “mystery” unit for sure.

So I’ve never seen the question asked, but did TX have any type of drivers training program like the CA EPOC/SPMV program? Is it possible this particular unit was ordered as such with the roll bar for such training? I find it hard to believe that a “DEA” car would require a roll bar?

Here’s my original post on here from 11 years ago when it first surfaced on Craig’s:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2789
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP
Old 01-17-2021, 03:11 PM

Can’t fix my selling error above - meant “EVOC”....
1994 Cobra Coupe SVT #13
2018 EB Fastback w/PP