Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Let me see yer war face!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageracer View Post
No shelf in the EVOC car. Everthing was hard mounted to the trunk shelf floor. I have one of the pieces of wood used to mount the siren amplifier and another that I am not sure if it is original to the car since the holes do not match.

I have talk at lenght with Sgt. Dean Bogios who was assigned the car for most of its service life and who picked up the car when new at Motor Transport. The car did not have some of the usual Mustang equipment. One such deletion was the shotgun rack. I have found that a special bracket was fabricated to replace the shotgun rack and support the right side of the radio head. Dean was able to provide lot's of other unique history about the car, its modifications, all the famous people who rode in the car and some interesting tails that occured on the track. Dean did confirm that this car was built exclusively for use at the academy for use on the high speed track. The car saw very light duty during its almost 10 years at the academy as it only required FOUR (4) engines in 28K miles! Ha Ha!!!

I am also interested in the mounting of the fuse box for the CHP wiring harness installed in these cars. I am told by Richard Read who works at MT that this auxillary fuse box was mounted high under the dash on the passenger side footwell by the heater and was also mounted on top of the carpet. Dean also confirmed that the fuse box was mounted there however the holes in the floor that John Malloy thought was for the shotgun rack do not line up with the fuse box and therefore must have been for the unique bracket that replaced the shotgun rack to support the radio stack. I see no other holes the would be used for mounting the fuse box. All the other wiring items and holes appear correct for the CHP wiring harness. Items such as the shotgun release and front upper windshield red light wiring are not used on this car since this car was never equipped with these items. Any pictures showing the mounting location of the auxillary fuse box for the CHP added wiring harness is appreciated.

The EVOC car was also equipped with a Stytec hidden radio antennae that looks like a stock radio antennae. In discussions with Stytec, they tell me they purchased stock Ford antennaes and modified them for use.

Thanks for everyone's help and input!
Both of the pieces of board that I included with the vehicle were mounted to the trunk floor directly behind the back seat/aluminum sheet, under the package tray. The holes should all be there. They were just attached with ~3inch machine screws and nuts from underneath the car.