Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:17 AM

Lol!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texunter View Post
Where in the rules does it say how long you have to watch your mouth? The shit is getting deep! Move this to the "anything goes" forum!
lol.....sometimes it is hard I know.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-25-2009, 08:36 AM

Joe,

very nicely said. At one time I had 16 SSP cars, ALOT of them needed ALOT of work but I paid an average of about 3k for them. Not any more..... I am down to 8 and I am not buying anymore. I have enough work to last me the next ten years as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPD356 View Post
Well I dont know how the car picked up 2500 in the last 18 hrs since I talked to him...He told me 10k just last night.
I will say this though, I just started getting into these cars within the last 6 months since I got hurt on the job.
All the research That i've done on the cars and prices only tell me that the prices on these cars will try to stay steady within the SSP community. Outsiders to the community are gonna blow these things through the roof and price the cars out of the market. I see it happening right now on sites like craigs list... "FOR SALE SSP Copcar with the fenders falling off for 5k".

Now if you read back thru the threads on the site from just a year ago guys were picking up real solid cars for 2000-2500.
I have a feeling those solid cars are gonna start to dry up cause iv'e called on probably 8-10 cars in the last month and from the information i'm getting is that the sharks are circling the boat on these cars.

Now the guys that already own SSP's will be happy with the price jumps cause it will only bring value to there rides. Guys like me trying to enter the hobby without breaking the bank will soon be priced out of the market cause the supply of nice clean cars will dry up.
The real SSP enthusiast will in time become upset because his once affordable hobby wont be so affordable anymore. The days of buying and selling cars for the hobby will become cost prohibitive because the sharks drove the price up and over the little guy and into a rich mans hobby.
I kinda reminds me of Harley Davidson in some regards. Wanna bees and flippers bought up all the bikes and jacked up the prices. In the end all the nice iron became overpriced rich mans garage candy never to see sunlight again.
Heck I may be way off the map here but something tells me I'm not that far off.
When I joined this board I was offered a beautiful car by a site member that was just a little out of my price range "According to my wife".
I'm starting to think the car was cheap considering some of the junk Iv'e seen out there.
Oh well, enough of my new guy on the board ranting.

Joe

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-25-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Brandon,

If I were you, I'd take some good pictures and put the car on eBay to see where it goes. Raising the price here, after telling everyone you would sell for 10K, probably wasn't the best idea, either.

Good luck with the sale and please post any further updates in the FS thread I moved into the For Sale section here. Thanks,
wow...Evil I am proud of you. such restraint !!! You are getting a little meloncholy in your old age...

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
wow...Evil I am proud of you. such restraint !!! You are getting a little meloncholy in your old age...
Not really....just glad to see to car show up for sale *here* and hope to see it go to an enthusiast.

(GGG aside)

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 AM

there you go.....with the GGG stuff . I was trying very hard to steer clear of that myself. The car is worth maybe 6k max since it needs everything. (IMO). People need to understand that it isn't the only one out there, and when it is finished THE CONDITION OF THE CAR NOT THE STATE IT IS FROM will be the deciding factor in what it is worth. I would rather have a concours gold FHP marked car ( a gazillion of them exist) than an Alabama car that needs everything for the same money. That is my opinion anyway.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
there you go.....with the GGG stuff . I was trying very hard to steer clear of that myself. The car is worth maybe 6k max since it needs everything. (IMO). People need to understand that it isn't the only one out there, and when it is finished THE CONDITION OF THE CAR NOT THE STATE IT IS FROM will be the deciding factor in what it is worth. I would rather have a concours gold FHP marked car ( a gazillion of them exist) than an Alabama car that needs everything for the same money. That is my opinion anyway.
I hear you...I'd need to see some really good pictures first.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-25-2009, 12:11 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
I doubt he'll see that, but I guess anything is possible.

It is what it is....an original, low mileage AL DPS car. If originality and low mileage are important to you, and having a rare care from an agency that didn't use many, then this one may be for you.

I haven't seen the car up close since 2004 or 2005; they both looked pretty good back then.

I think it's funny that people (on ORG) are jumping all over this guy for coming here to sell the car for such a high price. The market will determine what it ultimately sells for and where else was he supposed to list it? The dealers sell their cars at dealerships, not supermarkets. He didn't post here that he bought it for $500 and is selling it for $10K. He was lucky, has the car, and is trying to get top $$$ for it, which is exactly what dealers and flippers do. Does anyone know what he paid for them?

If he doesn't sell it, I'm sure we'll see the price come down.
Best of luck to the guy selling them....I don't care if someone is making a profit but be honest about the sale. For example..."Stored in an air conditioned garage" when we all know they were sitting in a carport. This guy probably wasn't aware that some of us here knew more about these cars than he did. Things that definitely aren't helping him are the used car sales pitch talk and the fact that you give a price and then jack it up....sign of no ethics there since a mans word is his bond .

With that said I spoke with the guy who actually bought these cars for the recently passed owner last year who gave me lots of information on the cars and he stated that the mileage was over 100K but that these were nicely taken care of cars. This guy also stated that "nobody knew how to buy them" which is also an untruth...it was well known that the owner wouldn't sell them but once he passed his son would sell them quickly...which appears to be the case, this guy just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time....good for him, everyone needs a lucky break from time to time .

Bottom line...Profit is not a dirty word. I've flipped cars before and hold no ill feelings toward anyone doing the same. However...don't blow smoke up people's skirt and stand by your word...if you put a price on something...stick to it, don't turn around and start jacking up the price because you have a lot of interest.

I sold an AR15 not long ago and priced it too cheap for current market value...but it was a little more than I had in it. Instead of changing my mind and jacking up the price I sold it as agreed and stood by my word. To me that is the honorable thing to do.

But again...best of luck but he would do better to lose the used car sales pitch and stand by his word
Old 04-25-2009, 02:09 PM

Default ALL NEW CLEAN PICS ARE LOADED NOW ON HERE!! GOTA LOVE EM

Here they are we cleaned it all up today..
Old 04-26-2009, 01:22 AM
'88 MA & '90 TX SSP's

Quote:
Originally Posted by texunter View Post
Where in the rules does it say how long you have to watch your mouth? The shit is getting deep! Move this to the "anything goes" forum!
I love a good laugh!
1989 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatch w/36K All Original
1989 Mustang GT Conv. RARE W/OUT FACTORY A/C
http://www.5pt0joe.com
Closed Thread